Map of DR

M

Meg

Anyone know where I might find a map of the DR on the net. I am looking for something with visible roads and distances.
Thanks......Matt

G

GringoCarlos

Good luck. The only one I found on the net was $6 for a freeby from A T & T that was very small and very poor. A better bet is to go into a book store , or Americana Department store on Kennedy in Santo Domingo once you are in the DR, and they will have a Tourist Map that is decent (about equal to a gas station map in the 60's in the US) for about 60 pesos. It gives distances, but isn't always accurate about the roads - sometimes it will show pavement, when the road actually runs down a riverbed for a couple of miles. Fine if you are in a truck, but not in a Honda Accord.

K

katia

Matt:

Try this site. I'm sure it will be useful for you.

www.tel-call.com/idc/images/domrep-map1.gif

Katia

O

Onions and carrots

All those maps are fine but aren't there any maps that contain every town and road in the DR.

J

Jim Hinsch

There is no such map that I've ever seen, for the DR, the USA, or even Florida. Such a map would open up 10 feet x 10 feet. That's because only city or regional maps contain enough detail to show the smallest streets. The site mentioned contains street-level maps for most of the larger cities in the DR as well as regional maps for inter-city travel and a distance chart.

B

brian

check www.mapmyway.com i bought a good map with all the citie s and roads or search B@B maps i LOVE IT!

M

Meg

Thanks Jim & Katia. This was just what I was looking for. Hey O&C see you manana at MIA.

K

Kathy

You can also try www.caribbean-on-line.com. I bought one there for $10 U.S. and it is also laminated.