the rainy season

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
to everyone (not on DR1 but out 'there') moaning about the rain:

ITS THE RAINY SEASON.....GET OVER IT!!!

Jeez, people will moan about anything.....if you wanna live in a tropical paradise its going to be a little damp from time to time :)

Only my second season here...how is this one compared to the 'usual'?

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Viny,
November has been the rainyest month for a number of years now. This November we have had 19.2" so far excluding today and if you follow the North Coast Weather Thread you will see that I have said November is the wettest month on average based on the five year average. The most we have had in november was 22" and we have a few days left !
We have been keeping rainfall data for the last 6 years and it is very interesting. But as you say this is the wettest month so why moan!!!

Olly and the Team ( Sosua Division)

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I've been watching the weather on intellicast Intellicast - Caribbean Satellite in United States

There has been an occluded front sat over us for the last three weeks. The front originated in Panama and cut straight across the Caribbean, right over Hispaniola and Northeastwards out into the Atlantic. It has brought a lot of rain with it, but it is now showing signs of breaking up. So hopefully we will return to some brighter weather soon. (fingers crossed!)

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Rainy season changes year to year. Olly appears to have tracked it for some time. About 4 or 5 years ago it started to rain in early Nov as it has done this year. It did NOT stop raining until March. Then we had a summer drought.

Things to do during rainy season:
Cloud watching.
Sun watching?
Rain watching.
Check the pool chemicals... a lot.
Watch your grass grow and wonder if you will ever be able to cut it.
Cut your grass and spend hours cleaning the mover deck.
Rake up the thick, wet cut grass that will now kill your lawn if you don't.
Clean ALL your horse tack.
Look two weeks later and see ALL the mold on your horse tack.
..and do it again.
Shoe skate on your driveway on the black slick mold.
Run in the grass while horses on the black slick mold and you stop.
Clean out your designated bathroom space. One drawer.
Ditto for your dressing room space.
Re-arrange your garage not only to be functional but esthetically pleasing.
Help someone with electrical problems?
Check the fluids, tires, washer level... etc. in your car, motorcycle, lawn tractor and mowers.
Get grinder out and sharpen anything and everything you can find.
Go to doctor to remove metal splinters from above.
Wash your solar panels over and over thinking that you might get another kWh.
Go swimming........ ya gonna get wet anyway.
See just how much rain water your hat will take before it goes really floppy.
Rig cloths lines all over your house.
Turn on the radio and listen to the same new song … over and over and over until..
...you take the cloths line down and tie one end up higher.
Learn to appreciate the new art of peeling paint from the leak in the roof.
Sit in you car... in the pouring rain and FIND that leak over your seat.
Stop and read ALL the posts in every thread.
Have a debait with Cobraboy about the proper use of Panty hose. (lol)

And last but not least............ sit in front of your puter ALL DAY LONG on dr1 and see how many posts you can make and people you can annoy. (guilty)

I'm NOT moaning or even complaining. See......... I've got lots of things to do.

See.... I even found the time to write this dribble. :)

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
Viny,
November has been the rainyest month for a number of years now. This November we have had 19.2" so far excluding today and if you follow the North Coast Weather Thread you will see that I have said November is the wettest month on average based on the five year average. The most we have had in november was 22" and we have a few days left !
We have been keeping rainfall data for the last 6 years and it is very interesting. But as you say this is the wettest month so why moan!!!

Olly and the Team ( Sosua Division)

Wow, an informed and intelligent reply...wasnt expecting that :)
So we may well have a record november? I think we will still get a bit more in the coming days...

I can put up with it for a while but really hope that the sun and wind are back for xmas like last year!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
hey! i like it and i take drizzle over boiling hot any day. november has always been a wet month, as mentioned before. my first winter here there was a time with no sun at all for several weeks. not even one day. yeah, i get the bitching if you come here on holidays but if you live here just be happy about some rain for a change. :)

Combo

Mar 29, 2011
Historical weather charts show Nov and Dec as the rainiest months. Despite this, I went down to Sosua last year right
after Thanksgiving. Never again! It rained HARD for six straight days. The streets were so flooded that it was difficult to
get anywhere. I felt like I wasted my time and money on that trip.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Combo, You are right! Based on the rainfall we have measured over the last 6 years, December is the second rainiest month based on the 5 year average. (2007 to 2011). With the historical charts they often look at 30 years or more and often are not at a Sosua location.

Olly and the Team (Sosua Division)

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Olliphant (from Sosua)....

Have you any data on Cabrera/RSJ ?

I had my people building an ark when I left 10 days ago.... Returning in another 10 or so.....
will it be afloat??

It seemed a couple of weeks back that Sosua was truly Sosewer in terms of water flow.... sounded worse than Cabrera at the time.

HAve you got a prognosis for us - looking ahead 10 days??

Gracias
WW

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Olliphant (from Sosua)....

Have you any data on Cabrera/RSJ ?

I had my people building an ark when I left 10 days ago.... Returning in another 10 or so.....
will it be afloat??

It seemed a couple of weeks back that Sosua was truly Sosewer in terms of water flow.... sounded worse than Cabrera at the time.

HAve you got a prognosis for us - looking ahead 10 days??

Gracias
WW

If not in 10 days, you can always use it on the 21st of December. If I were you I would start taking reservations for an AI cruise.

BelgianK

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
OK! Everyone feel better today. SUN and comfortable temps. and a slight breeze. Sea swells are down. Looks like we MIGHT have a few days like today.

Saddled up all 3 this morning for an hours ride around the neighborhood.... and it felt sooo good. Lawns and gardens cleaned up. Dogs lazing in the sun. Our mold covered driveway is drying out so we can walk on it without slipping. I'm about to hook up the trailer and start loading stuff to trailer up El Choco for a ride in the AM.

I hope that everyone got out and enjoyed. If not, it's your own dang fault. (did ya notice that I have NOT been online all day?) LOL

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Lucky you.... rain and wet snow here in Phila...... I'll stop complaining about rain!!

I had no choice but to spend the afternoon w/ " Bond - James Bond"

Excellent, excellent... all sorts of flashbacks