Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default high end computer repair santiago

I have a very specific problem with a high end computer which I know is almost impossible to fix here.. for the tech savvy I have an externally powered video card which uses a 6 pin connector from a 750W power supply and I think the video card is dead. To test this, I would either need someone with another pci-e video card to test from my motherboard OR someone who has a motherboard/PS setup I could test my video card. I know this is going to be almost impossible to find here in the DR but before I spend the money importing all the parts I need for this it would be way easier if I could just narrow it down to either the vid card or the mobo, anyone have any suggestions?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Sosua, Marco @ Rocky's Blues Bar

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sayanora View Post
    I have a very specific problem with a high end computer which I know is almost impossible to fix here.. for the tech savvy I have an externally powered video card which uses a 6 pin connector from a 750W power supply and I think the video card is dead. To test this, I would either need someone with another pci-e video card to test from my motherboard OR someone who has a motherboard/PS setup I could test my video card. I know this is going to be almost impossible to find here in the DR but before I spend the money importing all the parts I need for this it would be way easier if I could just narrow it down to either the vid card or the mobo, anyone have any suggestions?
    Yes, i have the same computer set up as you. i have a 750W power supply, a dual-6 pin ($400 graphic cards), etc, etc. It's at Marco's in Sosua (behind Bailey's) right now because of a graphic card failure--which i'm waiting for right now. Marco took out his graphic card from his computer and put into mine to make sure that was the problem, and apperently it is. i have a new graphic card on the way.

You should take your computer to Marco to see what the problem is.

frank

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

CeduComps (not sure of spelling) near the end of the mountain road before Hache coming from Sosua should be able to help you. Go to the store in the back of the street, not the one on the road. That is where they do repairs on computers.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

You'd be amazed how many kids have $400 cards in their computers. It's a must for hard core gamers, so it's not that uncommon and repair guys are used to them. But to test the MB, it shouldn't be difficult to find a cheap PCI-e video card.
    I can almost assure you the problem is the video card. High end video cards produce a lot of heat, and no matter how many fans and heat sinks they use, they will get hotter than what the materials can tolerate. I can tell you that the lifespan of a frequently used card of this type is about 2 years. If you're anywhere near that mark, you're probably out of luck. A bummer, I know.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Computer expert in Santiago

Quote Originally Posted by sayanora View Post
    There is a guy in Santiago, his name is Randy. His phone number is 809-254-0000. This guy also works telephone centrals that have VoIP, plus other many thanks.

I am sure he might be able to help you. He speaks english and spanish. He is dominican.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

try Tony in Santiago, give him a call 829-383-7491, even CESOMSA uses him when they have a problem.
    hes a no nonsense Dominican Gringo, without the maņana vocabulary

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, never mind.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tamborista View Post
    Oh, never mind.
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/V3FnpaWQJO0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>......................

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

10. Likes Tamborista, waytogo liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Go for Marco at Rocky's. He is a wizard... and does not overcharge you.

BelgianK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast