Flow??

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Was the increased competition and ban on blocking the sidewalk too much for them? There is major work going on inside and I am wondering if they are clearing the space for use by someone else, or Flow is remodelilng.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Yesterday I saw them unloading many bags of cement and going into Flow. They just did renos a few months ago. I can't believe the amount of renos going on this year. It will be an interesting high season.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i heard they were going to do some renovation to put the tables and chairs back inside.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Passes by several times this afternoon. You can't see much because of the plastic curtains hung near the entrance, but from what you can see, you can tell when the renovation is done that it will be much larger and very different. Looks like another "big" bar will soon be available on PC.

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
A friend told me they are expanding into next door where the clothing store was and there is speculation about a possible second floor.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
A friend told me they are expanding into next door where the clothing store was and there is speculation about a possible second floor.

When I passed yesterday you could see they were expanding and work was going on what looks like it will be a 2nd floor. I was surprised to see how much of a change there will be.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
the answer to the OP's question, yes they are moving back inside.
D'Latin, Hollywood Nights, City Lights Gentlemen's Club, Chez Montreal.
wow, sosua is growing ?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
When I passed yesterday you could see they were expanding and work was going on what looks like it will be a 2nd floor. I was surprised to see how much of a change there will be.

There always was a second floor, way before it was El Flow, there was an upstairs, I think it was Safari Bar prior to Riviera. I heard they are putting a shuffleboard court and prune juice bar for Sosua's elder expats.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
the answer to the OP's question, yes they are moving back inside.
D'Latin, Hollywood Nights, City Lights Gentlemen's Club, Chez Montreal.
wow, sosua is growing ?

Only with respect to the number of bars.

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011

Not too many years ago, there WAS a second floor bar there. I believe it was called the "Safari Lounge" and was owned by a Swiss guy named Mario. He would occasionally have live music there. It was a nice spot to "chill out" from the strip.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
When I passed a few minutes ago, you could see what is going on. The tarp that was up this weekend was down.

Apparently the tarp was to protect the front of the clothing store next door; it is still open for business. The ground floor of El Flow is being remodeled, but size is unchanged. However, the 2nd floor above both El Flow and the clothing store has been opened and is being remodeled. It will be part of El Flow.

My guess is that the front of the send story will be open so those in the bar can look down on the action on the street below.