Looking to buy a Toyota Land Cuiser Prado 03-06

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
Hey Dr1'ers

Finally made the move to the island after 3 years planning with the family. I will update everyone on my journey of planning, bringing in a dog, and mudanzas (shipping stuff), and building a house soon enough. But first I thought I would ask if anyone knows of anyone that is selling a Toyota Land Cruiser Prado Diesel 2003-2006? My mind, budget and research is set on that vehicle so I would appreciate only sticking to that vehicle. Let me know via a reply or PM if you do, Cheers!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
my father in law has what you want but newer. 2008 or 2009, cannot recall. full version, leather seats and so on. well maintained.

is that too much?

supercarros will give you a ballpark of what to expect. if i were you i would look at other cities too. sometimes you can find a better offer in POP or SD. worth a trip the car is just perfect :)

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
my father in law has what you want but newer. 2008 or 2009, cannot recall. full version, leather seats and so on. well maintained.

is that too much?

supercarros will give you a ballpark of what to expect. if i were you i would look at other cities too. sometimes you can find a better offer in POP or SD. worth a trip the car is just perfect :)

Hey Dv8, thanks! That vehicle is probably past my budget. Ive been looking at SD too, though I wish I wont have to make that trip from Santiago.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Also look at ads in La Informaci?n and in the List?n Diario...the La Informaci?n is the Santiago paper and of course the List?n has the biggest Classified section in the country. This plus word of mouth and plus Supercarros.com should find you a good machine.. Use Carfax, of course...lots of those in Katrina and Sandy!!

HB

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Also look at ads in La Informaci?n and in the List?n Diario...the La Informaci?n is the Santiago paper and of course the List?n has the biggest Classified section in the country. This plus word of mouth and plus Supercarros.com should find you a good machine.. Use Carfax, of course...lots of those in Katrina and Sandy!!

HB

Unfortunately Carfax won't reveal any past for Toyota Prado diesels in this country as they are not made or imported for the US market. The Prados that are sold here are built in Columbia and imported via Delta Commercial, the only authorised Toyota dealer in the DR. The rest would have been imported from other markets including Japan.

Be weary of vehicles imported from Japan as they will have had the steering converted from RHD to LHD, and some conversions are not very pretty.

The Prado comes in two guises with two engines here in the DR. The GX and VX. The VX is the more up-market version with things like dual zone climate control, centre console fridge, sunroof and adjustable suspension although almost all come with leather. ANd then you have the petrol and diesel versions. The petrol is a 2.4 four cylinder and is almost as economical as the diesel, but without the torque.

Having owned a Prado I can honestly say that it the best vehicle for this country by far. The only thing I can recommend you check out is turbo wear on the diesels. High mileage ones tend to burn oil through the turbo bearings and they are expensive to repair/replace.