Outdoor Pillows Sale benefits kids in Las Terrenas

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
One Day ONLY Sale!

Hola fellow DR-1ers!

You are invited to the first Fabulous Outdoor Pillows in All-Weather Fabrics "Gran Venta" on Saturday, Dec 1 from 11 AM-- 4 PM in front of Hotel Casa Nina, Playa Popy, Las Terrenas.

This is an educational/fund-raising project for Escuelita El Manantial, a school in one of LT's poorest barrios.

Over the past 3 mths, we have trained teenaged girls to sew 16" and 18" square pillows using highest-quality, outdoor fabrics from the US. The girls are paid for their work, PLUS 20% of the gross (not net) sales will go to the school.

The pillows come in really gorgeous colors and will instantly update your outdoor spaces. They are made from durable, water and fade-resistant fabric, so they can STAY outside!

Please click the "One Day ONLY Sale" link at the top of this post, and also visit our website
to learn more about the "Pillow Project" and to see the available fabrics: LoveThePillows.com

Thanks everyone for your support!
:)Susan

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
Thanks, "juniper"--- We're all excited about manana and I wish you were here!
Susan

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
Muchas Gracias to everyone who made our first LoveThePillows.com Sale a success!
Click this link to see some pictures: (it says "Log in"; however I don't believe that's necessary..)

Many friends stopped by to show their support and purchase pillows (not pictured are Bill+Leslie: thank you!! :) ) Everyone had a great time-- especially Bileisy, Sonia +Maria (who made the pillows) because they are not usually allowed on the beach! Please send me a PM if you'd like to receive an email about future sales... Gracias!