translation using Google Translate

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
A bit ago a member posted a DR Graman Language Newspaper site and wrote that it could be translated into English using Google translate. I tried it and the translation is terrible. Google does translate the whole page which keeps me from having to cut and paste but the translation is only half done. Its like a German trying to speak English but does not do very well. Am I doing something wrong?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Automatic translators can only be used to obtain the general gist of a foreign language text. They are still a long way away from being effective enough to replace humans.

mbgmike

Jan 17, 2012
Yes there is no really good translators. It also can get you into trouble if you do not try it again backwords.
Try using a translator on a young dominican woman like my daughters and see what it says. Bing and google just comes up blank. I like spanish dictionaries translators.
best way is to learn the lanquage of course you know that. My girls will not even speak English to me unless they have to. I am still a rookie at espanol.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Ah. So its not me. Thanks I will stop trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. Appreciate it. You guys are great.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Careful with accents, using Google translation:

Spanish
English

si if
s? yes
si o no whether or not
s? o no yes or no