Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default translation using Google Translate

A bit ago a member posted a DR Graman Language Newspaper site and wrote that it could be translated into English using Google translate. I tried it and the translation is terrible. Google does translate the whole page which keeps me from having to cut and paste but the translation is only half done. Its like a German trying to speak English but does not do very well. Am I doing something wrong?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Good Afternoon, I have used Babel Fish with good results.

Post Thanks / Like

Automatic translators can only be used to obtain the general gist of a foreign language text. They are still a long way away from being effective enough to replace humans.

4. Likes mbgmike, pollogringo, waytogo liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes there is no really good translators. It also can get you into trouble if you do not try it again backwords.
    Try using a translator on a young dominican woman like my daughters and see what it says. Bing and google just comes up blank. I like spanish dictionaries translators.
    best way is to learn the lanquage of course you know that. My girls will not even speak English to me unless they have to. I am still a rookie at espanol.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah. So its not me. Thanks I will stop trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. Appreciate it. You guys are great.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Careful with accents, using Google translation:

Spanish
    English

si if
    s yes
    si o no whether or not
    s o no yes or no