Zologico de Gurabo

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
Is it still open? Is there a phone number to call about prices, and stuff? Tried google but didnt work.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
The last I remember it was free. They even have cheap snacks. It's worth the trip. Afterwords head up to Camp David for a sunset dinner.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I went to the zoo in Santo Domingo yesterday, is the zoo in Santiago better than the petting farm in the capital?

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I went to the zoo in Santo Domingo yesterday, is the zoo in Santiago better than the petting farm in the capital?

I think the one in Santo Domingo is not bad at all all things considered. The San Diego zoo it is not, but you could spend a decent inexpensive afternoon with the kids over there and they would enjoy it. Regarding the one in Santiago it is kind of a personal zoo of a local legislator from what I understand. He got famous for being the congressman who was making tons of money and had not even visited the chamber in more than two years. I guess he now raises and sells ostriches in that same "zoo"...EL INFORMADOR DOMINICANO.COM: DE DIPUTADO RADHAM?S FERM?N SE CONVIERTE EN CRIADOR Y VENDEDOR DE AVESTRUZ QUE FOMENTA EN ZOOL?GICO PARTICIPAR EN SANTIAGO

He used to be a PRD party member, but I guess he's now with Danilo. http://www.hoy.com.do/provincias/2011/9/22/394463/Radhames-Fermin-con-Danilo

...and he's got yet another "cushy job". His title in the current government is "Coordinador Nacional Especial...You can figure out what a person with this title does.

http://www.acento.com.do/index.php/...-por-adelantado-su-apoyo-a-Danilo-Medina.html

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2011
I think the one in Santo Domingo is not bad at all all things considered. The San Diego zoo it is not, but you could spend a decent inexpensive afternoon with the kids over there and they would enjoy it. Regarding the one in Santiago it is kind of a personal zoo of a local legislator from what I understand. He got famous for being the congressman who was making tons of money and had not even visited the chamber in more than two years. I guess he now raises and sells ostriches in that same "zoo"...EL INFORMADOR DOMINICANO.COM: DE DIPUTADO RADHAM?S FERM?N SE CONVIERTE EN CRIADOR Y VENDEDOR DE AVESTRUZ QUE FOMENTA EN ZOOL?GICO PARTICIPAR EN SANTIAGO

He used to be a PRD party member, but I guess he's now with Danilo. Radham?s Ferm?n? con? Danilo - Hoy Digital

...and he's got yet another "cushy job". His title in the current government is "Coordinador Nacional Especial...You can figure out what a person with this title does.

El tr?nsfuga Radham?s Ferm?n cobr? por adelantado su apoyo a Danilo Medina - Acento

Cuando fue criticado por esa irregularidad, Ferm?n se defendi? argumentando que usaba los recursos para un zool?gico que manten?a al servicio de la comunidad.
En varias oportunidades dijo que no necesitaba el dinero que ganar?a en el Congreso, porque ten?a una fortuna, que no gastar?a.
En una ocasi?n afirm? que si ganaba la Alcald?a de Santiago, sus primeros sueldos los entregar?a a personas necesitadas y que no descartaba “ayudar a los periodistas”.

LOL

You can't make stuff up this funny.