see kayak

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
Hi everyone, do you know where I could buy a kayak designed for the sea...
And do you think its possible to fish with it?
:)

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Internet is full of videos and info on these. People fish and scuba dive from kayaks all over the for the world. Would be perfect for the DR where there are very few docks or launch ramps. One of the beach side businesses in Cabarete sells kayaks. Dont know if they have any "sea" kayak models. Probabley have to import it. Or go to PR on the ferry and bring it back "used" which will help with the customs prices.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi:
Sea kayaks are good in bays and areas where the water is flat. They are not very stable when you have to try to maneuver your body around and worry about any equipment you have with you. If you do buy one make sure you get a back support with it. Not very comfortable for a long period of time without it.

LTSteve

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
look on utube. There are a lot of videos. They go out in pretty good seas. The kayaks are also available with outriggers. Hobie makes an interesting model that isi propelled by foot power instead of paddling so you are hands free. They can be foam filled and unsinkable. All sorts of models available. Back support is pretty standard

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
If you can't find one here you might want to look into an inflatable kayak (costs less to import). Sea Eagle Boats do a range.

btw people are now fishing from Stand Up Paddle Boards!...
2d6pfmw.jpg

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
If you can't find one here you might want to look into an inflatable kayak (costs less to import). Sea Eagle Boats do a range.

btw people are now fishing from Stand Up Paddle Boards!...
2d6pfmw.jpg

Don't know if I'd want to "tackle" one of those with an inflatable :) regular kayaks can be modified to have a small outrigger or two and become sturdy enough to stand on.

Peter222

Jan 15, 2013
United States
Sea Kayak fishing is verty best and easy way to catc hthe fishes in the deep ocean because you can easily catch the fishes from the difficult ways in the ocean where the enterance of boat cannot be possible then Kayak is useful for cath the fishes from there i am also using Kayak for fishing and this is the best way to fishing from the Kayak and collect many fishes in my Kayak's fish bag on the bottum side of my Kayak....

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Sea Kayak fishing is verty best and easy way to catc hthe fishes in the deep ocean because you can easily catch the fishes from the difficult ways in the ocean where the enterance of boat cannot be possible then Kayak is useful for cath the fishes from there i am also using Kayak for fishing and this is the best way to fishing from the Kayak and collect many fishes in my Kayak's fish bag on the bottum side of my Kayak....

are you yacht chef's brother?