Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Few questions about UASD?

Hi I'm from India and I wanna major in Political Science in UASD. I have a few questions about that..like how much is the fee per semester? and are there any qualifying exams I need to take to get into the country's universities. i.e. there is ToEFL, SAT etc. for USA..anything of that sort? I was told that I need to take an entrance exam sorta thing to get into UASD which includes math, biology, DR history. They also mentioned it was a 'General Knowledge' test. How exactly do I prepare for this? What should I concentrate on? I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. Thank u

Post Thanks / Like

Why on earth would you want to go to this university in the Dominican Republic>? Especially when there are so many other choices??
    I do not know of any sort of tests given to become a student there.
    Perhaps you should go to a university in the USA???
    If you are in India right now, you should go to Delhi and talk to the Dominican ambassador, Hanns Dannenberg.

There are some good places to study but not Political Science. And you should know that fees for foreigners are very high, so you should probably think about someplace else.

HB
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 12-03-2012 at 10:00 AM.

Moderator DR1.com

Post Thanks / Like

Oh My boy friend is there. Ty, I would be going to Delhi soon And the fee, how high are we talking? And what do you mean by "not Political Science" ? :O

Post Thanks / Like

This might be in the wrong thread, but is your boy friend a Dominican?

Why did you choose the UASD?

Why not political science? Because Political Science, as taught here, is ridiculously limited and short sighted. It is not really considered a career path. In most of the universities here they offer law, which is only good for here and France, and then careers like engineering, business administration, medicine, dentistry, and such...you know, practical things.

As to the cost I have no idea, but it would be a lot more than Dominicans pay.
    Doesn't their website tell you these things??? (cough cough snort snort)

HB

Moderator DR1.com

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

UASD is a...complicated university. I've known people who attend or attended UASD, and some things are hard to believe for the outsider, but common things for the community. Seats per class are very limited so your major path and pace is not necessarily what you would like it to be. 7 to 8 years is considered normal major length in UASD. Some teachers cancel classes when it rains, and things like that. In terms of costs, for dominicans is very cheap. I think something around US$ 40 or 50 per semester, which is really peanuts. I have no idea of the cost for foreigners. Many people disagree, but I find universitiy tuition to be rather inexpensive in this country. You might want to check other options.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget a "Gas Mask", and full "Swat Team" gear!
    If you choose "La UASD" you will have a LOT of free time to spend with your "Boyfriend"!
    "Strikes",Rain, Sun, and any other excuse means no classe, sometimes for weeks.
    When you graduate,(Some Students are "Career Students the president of the student body was there for more that 20 YEARS!!!!!
    AND, you may enjoy the odor of "Tear Gas", and the sound of gun fire!
    Your degree from there is pretty much useless, unles you plan to renounce your Indian citizenship, and run for a political office in the DR government.
    THEN, it is a PLUS!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

7. Likes Frank the Tank liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought Indian Universities were top-notch
    Why DR ?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

"BOYFRIEND"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The things many women do for a man who's name they won't remember in 5 years!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCC

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Hillbilly

I have never heard that law degrees here can be utilized in France. Do you happen to know if a law degree from UAPA can be used in France? I have just started studying law there and would love if I could use my degree in France. Thanks for any info.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Does the DR Judicial system practice the Napolianic Code?????
    cc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast