Miami mailbox

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Hi,
I did ask this question before, but did not get any specifics. Today I would like to go to open one of these Miami mail boxes I have heard about. I understand I can get my mail sent to this Miami address and then it comes to Santo Domingo and I pick it up somewhere and pay for it on its weight.
What I would like to know is, what exactly do I need to open one of these, where exactly do I go to open one of these, how much does it cost and anything else you feel may be important for me to know.

Thanks.

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Great, any recommendations? I will be receiving 1 - 3kg parcels from the US.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I like EncargoPaq over the others, but I am on the North Coast. They deliver directly to me.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we use EPS, one of the links above. 120 pesos per pound. opening and running the account is free in some offices - depends on your location as individual offices are run by different people. they are a bit more expensive but the service is good. miesposo had an account with business mail but they lost one of his packages and took ages to reimburse monies.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
I've been using P.O.BOX International (http://www.pobidom.com) for at least 10 years. Good fees, but what I like the most is NO LINES. I've seen the lines at EPS or CPS and even Business Mail, and there's no way I'll get into such lines to retrieve my packages.

Feb 7, 2007
Here in Higuey, I use a combination of BM Cargo and PickNSend. For small packages (<1 lb) I use BM cargo, as they fraction on 1/10 of a pound starting with 0.1. For anything over 1 pound shipping weight I use Pick'N'Send, simply the cheapest rate around and I also get unpublished discount. They round the pounds, but up to 0.5 pound is rounded down to the lower pound and My per pound rate with everything included is about 135 pesos vs BM Cargo 160 pesos.

But be aware of one thing - most of these companies are franchises and the rates vary by franchise. The only company I can personally confirm that has unified rate is Vimenpaq/Transexpress.

Rates in the capital are generally more expensive than in the Interior, the only exception being (to my knowledge) Vimenpaq which has the same rate around, but charges delivery rate to the interior of 50 pesos per package (gets pretty expensive with smaller packages).

Feb 7, 2007
I've been using P.O.BOX International (http://www.pobidom.com) for at least 10 years. Good fees, but what I like the most is NO LINES. I've seen the lines at EPS or CPS and even Business Mail, and there's no way I'll get into such lines to retrieve my packages.

hehe ... here in the Higuey what matters is the price, if there is "any" line whatsoever is one customer in front of you just paying the invoice. We have got 4 companies, 3 of them "in a cluster" of one block, and none none whatsoever make syou wait more than 2 or 3 minutes, and 90% of the time it's just you in the store.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I use BM and CPS which is doing very well here in Santiago. CPS just expanded their facilities and they feature email notificationsl of arrivals.
I guess I am with BusinessMail cause the manager is the son of an old friend???

You don't need to worry too much about any of them. They provide a fine service.

HB

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
Sorry for the necro, but any more-recent experience with JetPack Punta Cana?? I ask because it's walking distance from where I'm staying and I may need to place some Amazon orders before I go back to the US. Does it add 3-5 days to delivery, or longer?