TechnoMaster Brand Inverter AC-Any good?

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
Was in Plaza Lama in Calle del Sol and saw that they had 2 TechnoMaster Brand Inverter Bajo Consumo within my budget. The 12Kbtu was $32K and the 18Kbtu was $39K. They give 1 year garantee on parts on labor. Anyone familiar with the brand? Or anyone know of a special on these units? Need 2, one 12K and an 18Kbtu. Cheers.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Was in Plaza Lama in Calle del Sol and saw that they had 2 TechnoMaster Brand Inverter Bajo Consumo within my budget. The 12Kbtu was $32K and the 18Kbtu was $39K. They give 1 year garantee on parts on labor. Anyone familiar with the brand? Or anyone know of a special on these units? Need 2, one 12K and an 18Kbtu. Cheers.

ktc is actually a very good brand for a decent price, uncle bought 12 units for his hotel in la vega and cut his bill down 30%. if I were you I would get used to not having AC with the upcoming paquetazo, electricity will easily be 500$ US monthly if you use 2 ACs for 8 hours+ a day.

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
ktc is actually a very good brand for a decent price, uncle bought 12 units for his hotel in la vega and cut his bill down 30%. if I were you I would get used to not having AC with the upcoming paquetazo, electricity will easily be 500$ US monthly if you use 2 ACs for 8 hours+ a day.

Ktc=technomaster?

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Do not trust anything that Plaza Lama calls a Garantee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tcast305

Jul 17, 2009
lisagauss,

I've had my technomaster 1.5kv inverter for over 2 years without a single problem. Also bought it from plaza llama.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
The brand seems good quality for money, you always only ever get what you pay for though. With that in mind you just need to toss up whether it is worth it as far as warranty goes. For an inversor I wouldn't buy anything with less than 4years warranty, but I am unclear what it is exactly you are buying, it seems ike some kind of A/C only invesor, right?

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Ktc=technomaster?

no it's a brand of inverter AC they sell at bellon, price is lower than technomaster and i prefer bellon over plaza lama as far as warranties go, they have a lot of complaints from people about inconsistency. as far as giveadogahome is concerned, he's referring to an inverter type air conditioning unit.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The brand seems good quality for money, you always only ever get what you pay for though. With that in mind you just need to toss up whether it is worth it as far as warranty goes. For an inversor I wouldn't buy anything with less than 4years warranty, but I am unclear what it is exactly you are buying, it seems ike some kind of A/C only invesor, right?

I know of no product sold in the DR with a 4 year warranty.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I buy a lot of "Stuff" at Plaza Lama, but you need to be vigilant!
My wife bought an 18,000 BTU "LG" inverter air conditioner.
Came with "FREE" instalation, supposedly!
When the guys came to do the instalation,they wanted 4,000 pesos, they said it was for the "Instalation".
I said then take it back!
They said that the 4,000 was not actually for the "instalation", which was, indeed "Free", but for the "materials" needed to DO the instalation
"Oh!", I said, NOW I understand.
I said, just wait a minute while I call the sales manager at Plaza Lama, to be sure.
"OK" they said, we are going to give you a break and do "Everything" for "Free"!
------------------------------------------------------------
I had an "LG" 18,000 BTU window airconditioner from "PL". It broke and was still under "Warrenty".
Took it back, waited three months for the "Pieces" as the told me on a weekly basis, until it was "Fixed".
Lasted a week before breaking down. I called a repair guy, who fixed it perfectly, and it ran for many years.
I would not buy a "So Called" inverter airconditioner that wasn't made in Japan.
The Chinese models are "Clones", inferior clones at that of the Japonese units.
"Bonanza" in SD sells Japanese units.
That WILL save you as much as 60% on electricity, depending on the model you buy.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
There seems to be some confussion here about what this item is. My understanding of Invertor type Air conditioners is that the power used varies with the cooling requirements. I think this is a form of variable power motor for the compressor technology.

In other words when the compressor does not need to go full blast, the motor is throttled back by a variable invertor. Pulse Wideth Modulation springs to mind for Windeguy but I am not sure. It is an electric motor technology that hasn't really come here and is electronic in nature.

The claim is and those that have them say it saves up to 30 % energy for the same "comfort" of an existing Air Conditioner.

It is not an invertor to change DC battery power to AC house power at 120volts AC but a technology that varies the power to the compressor to save energy.

I have looked at these an considered them as I need to upgrade from a 10,000 BThU unit to a 12,000 but do not want to increase my power consumption. A 30% saving for the same comfort seems to be bourne out in practice so potentially these are worthwhile.

I have a number of reservations about them though knowing the electrical environment here as being very harsh. Will they withstand the surges and spikes? Will they work from a 220 volt AC supplied from an invertor? These are quesions I have yet to find answers to.

But on the face of it, these offer comfort at a lower power consumption which cant be bad.

It is interesting to see all the comment so far and I would be interested in the answers to my questions.

OLLY

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
There seems to be some confussion here about what this item is. My understanding of Invertor type Air conditioners is that the power used varies with the cooling requirements. I think this is a form of variable power motor for the compressor technology.

In other words when the compressor does not need to go full blast, the motor is throttled back by a variable invertor. Pulse Wideth Modulation springs to mind for Windeguy but I am not sure. It is an electric motor technology that hasn't really come here and is electronic in nature.

The claim is and those that have them say it saves up to 30 % energy for the same "comfort" of an existing Air Conditioner.

It is not an invertor to change DC battery power to AC house power at 120volts AC but a technology that varies the power to the compressor to save energy.

I have looked at these an considered them as I need to upgrade from a 10,000 BThU unit to a 12,000 but do not want to increase my power consumption. A 30% saving for the same comfort seems to be bourne out in practice so potentially these are worthwhile.

I have a number of reservations about them though knowing the electrical environment here as being very harsh. Will they withstand the surges and spikes? Will they work from a 220 volt AC supplied from an invertor? These are quesions I have yet to find answers to.

But on the face of it, these offer comfort at a lower power consumption which cant be bad.

It is interesting to see all the comment so far and I would be interested in the answers to my questions.

OLLY

Olly. Just about the same question was asked of him/her some time ago and I had no idea what was being asked.

I Googled the name and found nothing that would refer to anything being asked.

The OP needs to get clear WHAT is being asked. The confussion of how the "AC" is being used is.......... just confusing.

Air conditioning or inverter system?

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Olly. Just about the same question was asked of him/her some time ago and I had no idea what was being asked.

I Googled the name and found nothing that would refer to anything being asked.

The OP needs to get clear WHAT is being asked. The confussion of how the "AC" is being used is.......... just confusing.

Air conditioning or inverter system?

Air conditioner inverter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia