NIKKEI TV la sirena problems

dom

Jun 1, 2011
i bought this nikkei tv in la sirena in august, it just stopped working and it looks like as it wont start up, doesnt get electricty.

funny thing, i took it to the repair man twice, he "supposedly " fixed something the first time, the second time we just plugged it in and it worked perfectly.

just brought it back home, connect and and... the power light started but i didnt actually turn the tv on.

15 min later when i want to turn it on the power led is off again, and it doesnt work.

i have no tried 5 different power cords and 2 different power plugs, any idea what it could be, has anyone else had this problems, as this piece of crap seems only to be sold at the dominican la sirenas.

can it be that my electricity is just bad in my house, my other 6 year old olevia flat works perfectly.

mbgmike

Jan 17, 2012
see if you can borrow a tv and check. the fault may be in the wiring. when thewiring shorts tv's generally what go out first..ooops i just re read and you tried the old tv.

mbgmike

Jan 17, 2012
its may be bad capacitors, do you want to work on this????? a repair man might be higher then a new tv. capacitors are cheap. you can check them first. They help start the tv. they are close to where the cord enters box

dom

Jun 1, 2011
the tv 3 months ago was 38.000rd now its down to 32.000 its a 47 or 48 inch sorry i dont reallly know the size lol its BIG, now it started up again, in the other room, but at first it didnt. now i moved back to livingroom, we will see how long it lasts, but there is definetly something wrong with it, and im also using a voltage regulator

mikol

Jul 1, 2010
What repair man did you take it to? It has a 1 year warranty covered at La Sirena.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
We had the EXACT same thing happen to us (in NJ) with a 55" LED/LCD L&G television. It was a month old. From what I've read since, it's not an uncommon problem. They told us it might be caused by a surge, that that type tv must be plugged into a good surge protector. Our replacement is, and no problems so far.

mbgmike

Jan 17, 2012
no its not uncommon. a power surge is what most people think of first but it can be many things. Do the warrentee work first if you can. Their are many things that could have happened.you don't have a close neighbor do you that may be shutting there tv off. same setup??????? i doubt it. See if they will fix under warrentee first.

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
La Sirena is probably not the best place for electronics. They have been know to sell alot of refurbed appliances.
Several years ago I checked all the microwaves in one store and all but one had refurbished or similar stamp on the plate.