Presidente Increase Prices

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
I picked up 24 Presidente Grande Bottles last night from the distributer in Sosua Abajo. They normally charge me $1290 RD.
Before I paid the manager explained that Presidente had upped their costs and the new price was $1650 RD!
So here's wishing the Employees of Presidente "Feliz Navidad" although I doubt the 25% increase will be taken off in January!

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I picked up 24 Presidente Grande Bottles last night from the distributer in Sosua Abajo. They normally charge me $1290 RD.
Before I paid the manager explained that Presidente had upped their costs and the new price was $1650 RD!
So here's wishing the Employees of Presidente "Feliz Navidad" although I doubt the 25% increase will be taken off in January!
Presidente upped the price by over 300.00 per case without any warning. So far Bohemia has not been increased.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Welcome to the world of monopolies...now that Ambev owns Presidente they don't have to compete with anyone and they can raise prices at will. I also read that Brahmas have "misteriously" disappeared from the market.

Feb 7, 2007
According to the press note, small Presidentes (and Bohemias) should sell (MSRP) for 60 pesos, large one for 80 pesos, and Jumbo for 110 pesos, in stores and colmados.

bayaguanaman

Oct 22, 2009
According to the press note, small Presidentes (and Bohemias) should sell (MSRP) for 60 pesos, large one for 80 pesos, and Jumbo for 110 pesos, in stores and colmados.

At the weekend I was paying 90 for the Presidente Large, although Bohemia Jumbo's were selling at 80 pesos at the Bayaguana guagua station. :bandit:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Welcome to the world of monopolies...now that Ambev owns Presidente they don't have to compete with anyone and they can raise prices at will. I also read that Brahmas have "misteriously" disappeared from the market.

but ambev owns brahma too, no?

jonytuga

Oct 16, 2012
It was the only "president" that I liked:cool:, and it seems to me that is getting like the others.............GREEDY...........:mad:, and a reallydictator it makes the competition even disappeared "mysteriously"
JT

Last edited:

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
but ambev owns brahma too, no?

Yep...that's part of the problem. Before they owned Presidente they had to offer Brahmas at cheaper prices to try to compete, as Dominicans don't like it as much, but at least people had some choices. Now they don't even have to sell Brahmas so if you want a beer it is Presidente at the much higher price and that's it.

I hope the Mexican beer groups or some other independent company sees this as an opportunity. One thing for sure some people are going to start drinking more "romo" again.

Eddy: I don't think that makes sense in the case of CND as they would still have to pay the same taxes to the Dominican government based on manufactured litters and alcohol content. I don't believe they sell the exports for any higher prices than they do in The DR.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
So more or less 10, 15, 20 pesos across the board? 2 bucks for a grande still not that bad.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I wonder who is importing the Heineken brands (heineken, Amstel). I think CND used to do that but I doubt if Heineken would use its biggest competitor as a distribution channel.

chrisdr

Oct 7, 2012
I just paid $125 for a jumbo from my regular colmado... 15 peso increase overnight - although it won't stop me drinking beer, might give Bohiemia a try...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
with the new taxes the prices of alcohol should increase about 20%, i think? stock when you can :)
and expect further rise. i hear it will be another 20% over the next two years...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Somebody has to pay for the "Metro" and all the other bad projects done by "Fernandez".
Guess who that "Somebody" is going to be????
Poor Dominicans complain that their kids can't go to school, because they can't afford to buy uniforms, books, or pack them a "Mirienda"(Lunch)
They do this complaining while drinking "Cervesa after Cervesa", and "Jugando Domino" blocking the streets in front of their neighboorhood "Colmado"!
"First Thing First!",.I guess????
"Que Pais"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC