Opthalomologist....north coast

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
I seem to have developed a bit of an eye infection.
I know that there are several types of possible infection and that one needs to get a good diagnosis...so, does anyone know of a good eye doctor on the north coast??

Puerto Plata would be good though am prepared to travel to Santiago

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Dr Burroughs in Pop has been recommended...anyone have contact details for him??

Just go to Medico Central in Pop he is there but you will need an appointment call 809 586 4330

There is a son and father....avoid Mondays as all of the accident victims show up and the wait is long

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
MC is the main hospital in Pop Mike?
I'll call him in the morning

Yes it's called Centro Medico Dr. Bournigal, SA,
Calle Antera Mota esq. Dr. Zefra POP.

Main number is is 809 586 2342 and his residence number is 809 320 0640 for emergencies.

This place is easy to find just say " Centro Medico " por favor....best I can do !

Kieran I can tke you there if you need help with vision.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Just buy Terramicina eye ointment - it will cure u in 1 day.

Are you an ophthalmologist?
If not, you really should not be advising people to use Rx strength eye medication without consulting a doctor.
How do know The OP is not allergic to this medication?

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
Thanks for looking out for me guys! But i would never take medical advice from an internet forum...least of all this one :)

It is actually looking better today so shall try a few days of no contact lenses and salt water rinses and see if it heals.
If not, i shall be off to the opthamologist in pop

JessicaRabbit

Sep 21, 2009
Advices from forums saved me tons of $$$
I had no luck with local doctors so i am a doctor for myself and my family. So far i could diagnose and treat our sicknesses with more success then docs from Sosua.
Tambo tell me how doc will know if she is allergic to that medicine or any other? To the OP you may buy a contact leans cleaner that operates from power, it cleans lenses very well just in 2 mins. I am 90% sure infection came from dirty lens or something that got under it when you wore it.

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
Im sure you're right Jessica...but there can be any number of reasons fore eye infections and its really one area i would avoid self-diagnosis personally.

Ps...im most definitely a he :)