• Thread starter Michelle Nelson
  • Start date

my long lost DR friends

M

Michelle Nelson

I am trying to find some friends of mine from Puerta Plata and Santo Domingo. We went to and worked at Mississippi State University, Starkville, Mississippi, USA together from 1988-1990. I need help in locating them and I do not know where to begin. They may be working for the DR government and have access to computers and the internet. Is is possible to get hold of telephone books? I have been so worried about them, especially since Hurricane Georges. Was a list of the dead (due to Georges) ever published? I know that sounds morbid and I'm sure it would not be complete, but I need to start somewhere. They were in America before 1988. That is when I met them. I hope someone can help me. Thank you!

D

DR One

What are their names. We can try a search through the local phone book for you. Give us full names and last address.

D

DR One

We are very happy to announce that we have located your friend following the name and description you emailed us. We checked the phone book, but only found a listing with the name of the wife in the 1995 book, but no one answered the phone. So by the description of your friend as having done post doctorate work in the Dept. of Plant Pathology and Weed Science at Mississippi State Univ. in 1986 we contacted our mutual friend Abraham Abud, the insects expert at the Agribusiness Council, and was thrilled to hear he knew him well. He gave us your friend's number, whom we called and told him you were looking for him. He was real happy to hear this and promised to get back to you as soon as you wrote him. His contact details are: Tel. (809) 567-2117/ (809) 565-8479 (office); Home (809) 565-8479, Office Fax (809) 567-9310 and email cogord@codetel.net.do

T

Tom

That is "Above and beyond the call of duty,". It is VERY nice of you to perform this service

Tom

M

Michelle

Dear DR One (Dolores):

WOW! I never dreamed that anyone would go to so much trouble for someone they did not even know! I read and re-read your message about finding my friends because I could not believe that I had been trying for so long to contact them and in a matter of less than one day, you accomplished this feat. I cannot begin to express my gratitude for the time you spent on my behalf and the obvious compassion you displayed to reunite good friends. You are truely a beautiful human being. If there were others involved in the search, please, please, express my sincere appreciation to all of them. My husband and I hope to visit D.R. some day and I would love to be able to meet you and thank you in person. I am absolutely elated! Very sincerely, Michelle