Closing a bank account.

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
I have a passbook savings bank account that I have left untouched in the Banco Santa Cruz. I moved my accounts from there because I got bad service there. It still has the minimum balance in it but I am not sure who to talk to to close the account. I am sure if I talk to the regular service people I will get some kind of excuse. Is it even possible to close this account or will it be made impossible for me?

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
check your contract, there is usually a fee for closing account during the first year, after that you should be able to just close it without a charge and withdraw the balance - I don't know specifically for Santa Cruz though.

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
usually the minimum amount is necessary just for opening an account / savings account.
if you close it they may charge you a closing fee; easier take out most of it and leave like a 100 pesos, if it is in Pesos
or 3 dollars if it is in dollars and after a certain time the bank will close the account because for inactivity or low balance.

Mu?ecote

Aug 1, 2006
last month i closed my euro account at santa cruz. i walked in, told the woman id like to close my euro account and she gave me a receipt with the full balance which i cashed via the teller.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
at santa cruz you can take out your 300$ deposit with a fine of 5$. Take it out, and then tell them you want to close it. Simple as that.

BelgianK