no energy pto pta

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
generator maintenance, apparently. or ladronorte pressuring government. same thing, really.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Maybe some day something will even be done about it.

Nah, don't hold your breath waiting for that time to come.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Here in Cofresi, we had several explosions on the power lines Monday night and found the electicity line register full of water. Apparently the high tension fuses blew. Edenorte was called but nobody could be reached. We then pumped the water out ourselves. The whole town was blackened and then some street lights came on, not sure if it was because of these fuses, but I imagine with all the rain that there were more situations like ours. Its been raining every day for weeks, sometimes uninterrupted for days.

mbgmike

Jan 17, 2012
My son was on way to santiago. there was a huge transformer that almost did not make it through the tunnel on a truck. He heard later one had blown up

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
My son was on way to santiago. there was a huge transformer that almost did not make it through the tunnel on a truck. He heard later one had blown up

Cheap Chinese Junk more than likely. Hopefully they can install it quickly and it will work for a while.

Yes the rain frequently melts the transmission lines, actually made of a special sugar extract, here in the DR.
I am just kidding on that. it is the improper installation of the wiring that causes the problems.
And of course the government being involved in the power distribution that remains as the insurmountable obstacle to fixing the larger problem.