Cost/Advice for building MOTORCYCLE TRAILER

latitude19

May 29, 2011
My XMAS present to my wife's brother Leo is a trailer for his moto to use to cart supplies for his colmado. Leo wants to build it. He can build anything. However, am thinking that a welder can buy steel cheaper and the price could come out about even with the minimal cost of labor added in. Am I thinking right??

Has anybody done this?? How much does it cost?? Leo lives in Santiago.

z-2.jpg

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
My mechanic in Santiago custom built this per my specs:

IMG_0218Small-1.jpg

IMG_0221Small.jpg

ChicksStrom.jpg

Tool box, double HD ramp, convertible from one to two bikes...

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
He wants to attach it to a moto for carrying supplies ... not caryy the moto.

I misread it too, at first

Great trailer anyway!!

mbgmike

Jan 17, 2012
i was thinking once about making a simple bracket and 2 wheels and hitch you could just strap unto a blue barrel. then you coud leave the barrel or keep using it. it would just be kind of cross shaped with an axle and two c shaped bracket to tie barrel to.

May 29, 2006
I think you'd do better figuring out a ball hitch on some kind of yoke connected to the bike so it can connect to a standard trailer. If you don't have a pivot between the bike's rear wheel and the trailer wheel, I think you're going to have a hell of a time maneuvering it, esp if you ever need to parallel park the thing. A ball hitch will also make removing the trailer easy. Another factor is if the trailer is heavy, you could lose all the weight off the front and then the bike won't be steerable. I've had that prob with small trailers full of firewood and a real car.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
If you don't have a pivot between the bike's rear wheel and the trailer wheel, I think you're going to have a hell of a time maneuvering it, esp if you ever need to parallel park the thing.

Parallel park, now thats funny. I don't think the guy is going to worry about parallel parking, especially when their favorite parking place is anywhere on the street, and most of the time right in front of you......lol

I have seen a couple of these trailers, but not for the bike the OP has pictured.....

mbgmike

Jan 17, 2012
its obvious that you can only haul so much, but i realize that does not mean too much