Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Need Judge Services for simple Vow Renewal Ceremony

We are staying at the Majestic Elegance in Aug 2013 at an upgraded rate to include their "Elegance Club" . They want me to pay an additional 1200.00 USD for a 10 minute vow renewal ceremony for my husband and self when everything they include in their wedding package will not pertain to us.

Can anyone tell me how to locate a judge in Punta Cana to inquire about my own ceremony?? We are already legally married, have no guests, and no special requests, just a 10 minute simple ceremony with only the 2 of us on the beach.... any ideas please?
    This is very impt on our 25th wedding anniversary as the Dominican is our second home, and I almost lost my husband recently. Please help!!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought vow renewals were symbolic. If you're already married I don't know what a local judge can do for you...

3. Likes KateP, Africaida liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like all you need is someone that's fluent in your language that can read whatever it is you want to share to one another and at most a photographer for the memories... I'd offer but I always cry at these types of ceremonies lol

Post Thanks / Like

You are correct, at the Majestic Elegance the "symballic" vow renewal is the same price as the wedding package. My husband and I both wanted the "ceremony", legal, symballic, or otherwise. It dosn't have to be legal as we are already married but do you have any idea who else would perform such a ceremony?

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly!! Now any idea's how to get someone on a "no budget" that might actually show up??

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm 6 feet 6 inches tall, 280 lbs., I have a nice suit, put me up for a few days, (Nice Room, good food, and I don't drink)and I'll give you a nice speech, my "American" is good, just don't ask me to spell anything, and I'll look good in the pictures too!
    Many of the ceremonies at wedding resorts were found to be "Bogus" a few years ago,and not even legal.
    Sounds like this resort will be problematic!
    Rev. CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/C2wzwyfeG-k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>...............

Congrats and good luck!!!

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Well...going from US$ 1200 to "no budget" is a little ambitious, don't you think?
    You guys share a religion? or any other kind of gathering? that might make it easier as a starting point.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I will match the offer of CC, but am only 5'9" and 170lbs, so I eat less. I am also handsomer than CC, so will look better in the pics.

Just joking. Are you catholic, or another religion. Just find a priest, or a reverend working one of the local charities, and pay something towards the church or charity.

Good luck and happy vows.

BelgianK

11. Likes Criss Colon, Eddy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, thats why I'm here looking for suggestions, but "no budget" means I can't afford to put anyone up for a few days for a 10 mins ceremony. The resort is not problematic, its just their policy to book the judge, ect. based on my paying the 1200. fee for the wedding package. I understand this but can't afford to pay for a package that one, I already paid for in my room package, and two, won't use the extra's since its just the 2 of us and we are already married.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast