Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Price Smart double charging

Any experience with these guys. Just checked my accounts after a trip to Price Smart and it seems I have been double charged. I didn't think anything of it at the time, she entered my card, I entered my numbers, she then told me it was void and asked me to do it again, she entered my card, so I entered my numbers and signed also and went through. I did go back for something else and all was smooth, but the maths work out right for a double charging on my first buy.
    My buddy reckons I just need a copy of my statement and my receipt for the sales and to go to Price Smart and they should refund, although I am unsure. Normally I would inform my CC company but it is all by phone with them and such a wait and not free, last time I called them it cost my almost RD2000

Anyone any idea?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

When did you get back Anas????

3. Likes Africaida liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I've not been back long,
    Bulgaria was great,
    UK was cool,
    family can't settle,
    so what can I do?

Kinda good to be back, sometimes takes a slurp of the other side to see the grass is not so bad after all.

Any idea on this Price Smart bollox?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

go there and argue. maybe they will give you your money back, maybe not. worth trying. if CC company charges you this much for a call and solving problems either do not bother (if double charge was low) and call again (if high). but you may be better off using skype or an IP line.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Xmas stuff so buys were high. Price Smart is an American company right? or is it franchise to DR? Does that mean paperwork and formal crap then wait a few months, or look at my statement, look at the receipt, see identical purchases within a few seconds and refund?
    No chance of Skyping a CC company.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

You can call a CC company on SKYPE.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Givadogahome View Post
    Any experience with these guys. Just checked my accounts after a trip to Price Smart and it seems I have been double charged. I didn't think anything of it at the time, she entered my card, I entered my numbers, she then told me it was void and asked me to do it again, she entered my card, so I entered my numbers and signed also and went through. I did go back for something else and all was smooth, but the maths work out right for a double charging on my first buy.
    My buddy reckons I just need a copy of my statement and my receipt for the sales and to go to Price Smart and they should refund, although I am unsure. Normally I would inform my CC company but it is all by phone with them and such a wait and not free, last time I called them it cost my almost RD2000

Anyone any idea?
    A few years ago I returned a TV I bought on my credit card. Brought it back and they credited my card and recharged it at the same time. Got tired of trying to explain it to both the bank and them. Finally wrote the whole thing off. Welcome to the DR

9. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Givadogahome View Post

No chance of Skyping a CC company.
    Why not, do it all the time with no problems, and no where near 2000 pesos......just start your call in the country of origin of the CC and call the toll free line....pretty simple really

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

man, don't you have an VoIP system? it's a must if you are to communicate with people back home...

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
    A few years ago I returned a TV I bought on my credit card. Brought it back and they credited my card and recharged it at the same time.
    That is a new one, Wow, breaking boundaries on the bu11sh1t ometer, never fails to amaze me, always something more stupid.
    They do have some amazing 3D TV's in Price Smart at the moment though!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast