Price Smart double charging

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Any experience with these guys. Just checked my accounts after a trip to Price Smart and it seems I have been double charged. I didn't think anything of it at the time, she entered my card, I entered my numbers, she then told me it was void and asked me to do it again, she entered my card, so I entered my numbers and signed also and went through. I did go back for something else and all was smooth, but the maths work out right for a double charging on my first buy.
My buddy reckons I just need a copy of my statement and my receipt for the sales and to go to Price Smart and they should refund, although I am unsure. Normally I would inform my CC company but it is all by phone with them and such a wait and not free, last time I called them it cost my almost RD2000

Anyone any idea?

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I've not been back long,
Bulgaria was great,
UK was cool,
family can't settle,
so what can I do?:D

Kinda good to be back, sometimes takes a slurp of the other side to see the grass is not so bad after all.

Any idea on this Price Smart bollox?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
go there and argue. maybe they will give you your money back, maybe not. worth trying. if CC company charges you this much for a call and solving problems either do not bother (if double charge was low) and call again (if high). but you may be better off using skype or an IP line.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Well, Xmas stuff so buys were high. Price Smart is an American company right? or is it franchise to DR? Does that mean paperwork and formal crap then wait a few months, or look at my statement, look at the receipt, see identical purchases within a few seconds and refund?
No chance of Skyping a CC company.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Any experience with these guys. Just checked my accounts after a trip to Price Smart and it seems I have been double charged. I didn't think anything of it at the time, she entered my card, I entered my numbers, she then told me it was void and asked me to do it again, she entered my card, so I entered my numbers and signed also and went through. I did go back for something else and all was smooth, but the maths work out right for a double charging on my first buy.
My buddy reckons I just need a copy of my statement and my receipt for the sales and to go to Price Smart and they should refund, although I am unsure. Normally I would inform my CC company but it is all by phone with them and such a wait and not free, last time I called them it cost my almost RD2000

Anyone any idea?
A few years ago I returned a TV I bought on my credit card. Brought it back and they credited my card and recharged it at the same time. Got tired of trying to explain it to both the bank and them. Finally wrote the whole thing off. Welcome to the DR

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
man, don't you have an VoIP system? it's a must if you are to communicate with people back home...

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
A few years ago I returned a TV I bought on my credit card. Brought it back and they credited my card and recharged it at the same time.

That is a new one, Wow, breaking boundaries on the bu11sh1t ometer, never fails to amaze me, always something more stupid.
They do have some amazing 3D TV's in Price Smart at the moment though!

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Why not, do it all the time with no problems, and no where near 2000 pesos......just start your call in the country of origin of the CC and call the toll free line....pretty simple really

Why not? well never thought it possible, does the CC company not need to be on Skype also? I did open an account last year but never thought it useful. So my Skype account can call a normal phone line now? Before I used it to call family and they needed to have Skype also.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Usually when cc companies see the same charge twice, it's a no-brainer. Don't they have an online service you could use? Or send an email to Pricesmart at:

Rep?blica Dominica
Gerente de Pa?s: Pedro Vera, pvera@pricesmart.com

Los Prados (assume it was in SD?)
N?mero de Tel?fono Principal: 809-334-3333

Escriba o llame por tel?fono las oficinas corporativas de PriceSmart en Estados Unidos:
9740 Scranton Road
San Diego, CA 92121-1745
858-404-8800
(De 8 AM a 5 PM de Lunes a Viernes)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Why not? well never thought it possible, does the CC company not need to be on Skype also? I did open an account last year but never thought it useful. So my Skype account can call a normal phone line now? Before I used it to call family and they needed to have Skype also.

you can use skype like pay as you go phone. you buy some credit and voila, you can call any number in the world on the cheap.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
you can use skype like pay as you go phone. you buy some credit and voila, you can call any number in the world on the cheap.

Wow, the next thing they will come up with is a wireless remote control for Anastacio's TV!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
If the Credit Card company happens to be in the US or Canada and they have a tool free number you can even call them for free using SKYPE.

Dec 26, 2011
Wow, the next thing they will come up with is a wireless remote control for Anastacio's TV!
images

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
A guy broke into my home and ask me where is the money. I told him I would help him look!!!! jejejejejeje

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Skype has a plan for unlimited calling in the US & Canada.... plans for any country.

Flat rate monthly charge for unlimited calling...$4.95 or thereabouts

Not sure what the charge for Poland is :sleep: