Recommend a school in Santiago for 4 year old (her first)

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
I want to place my daughter in school in January; she is 4 and it will be her first school experience. We are in Santiago; I was thinking since she dominates English, something bilingual. Thanks.

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
New Horizons has Pre-K completely bilingual - about 15,000 a month plus enrollment.
Santiago Christian also has pre-k but it is primarily english (also about 15K a month plus enrollment AND new student fee)

My favorite for small kids is Colegio Dominicano - it's a very good balance of english/spanish and their teachers are well prepared. It's on the carretera de licey just outside of santiago.

Saint David, Holy Trinity, OASIS christian school, and numerous other colegios offer bilingual pre-k for a variety of prices and qualities.

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
New Horizons has Pre-K completely bilingual - about 15,000 a month plus enrollment.
Santiago Christian also has pre-k but it is primarily english (also about 15K a month plus enrollment AND new student fee)

My favorite for small kids is Colegio Dominicano - it's a very good balance of english/spanish and their teachers are well prepared. It's on the carretera de licey just outside of santiago.

Saint David, Holy Trinity, OASIS christian school, and numerous other colegios offer bilingual pre-k for a variety of prices and qualities.

Thanks La Teacher! I have to call Colegio Dominicano to schedule a tour.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Talk to "HB", he gets the kids from Santiago schools when/if they get to university.
He knows which one are well prepared, and which ones "Ain't"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Is it just me or is 400-500$ a month absurd tuition for a 4 year old kid.. I'm looking for school for mine also and having a tough time swallowing these tuition rates.. I went to one of the top high schools in Florida and my grandmother paid less than what these schools are charging.. the times they are a changin i guess..

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You want to go to El Nido: it is in Reparto Tavarez, tucked away in one of the nicest residential areas of Santiago. Almost all of my grandchildren have gone there and it is great! They even have special events for the grandparents!!

Let me know if you are interested and I will get you the information. Send me a PM.

Since this is my 17,100th post let me put it here:
Pre-escolar Nido
Calle Las Tabeu?as #3
Rincon Largo
809 582 9880
Morucha de Portela

You will not find a better place in Santiago...

HB

Last edited:

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
You want to go to El Nido: it is in Reparto Tavarez, tucked away in one of the nicest residential areas of Santiago. Almost all of my grandchildren have gone there and it is great! They even have special events for the grandparents!!

Let me know if you are interested and I will get you the information. Send me a PM.

Since this is my 17,100th post let me put it here:
Pre-escolar Nido
Calle Las Tabeu?as #3
Rincon Largo
809 582 9880
Morucha de Portela

You will not find a better place in Santiago...

HB

Thanks HB. I searched Google but couldn't find a website with pictures. I guess Ill just have to call to see if they can give me a tour. Would you happen to know there tuition by chance?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Tuition at Pre-Escolar El Nido is RD$6,500 a month.

Why must everything be on the Internet to be good>??? Look it up on Google Earth. See where it is located. Go there and get a feel for it. Five of my grandchildren have been there...

HB

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
Tuition at Pre-Escolar El Nido is RD$6,500 a month.

Why must everything be on the Internet to be good>??? Look it up on Google Earth. See where it is located. Go there and get a feel for it. Five of my grandchildren have been there...

HB

Went there on Monday and unfortunately they are all full. So is Colegio Dominicano. I went to a pre school in los jardines (Motesiorri); but i found the inscription way too high: $15K, with monthly of $7500. Any other recommendations in the $5k and under area?

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
Most of the schools in the 3-5K price range are probably all full. If you plan to stay for next school year, you'll need to start working on that now to secure a spot in the school you want. What part of Santiago are you living in? There is a nice pre-school in Los Jardines called SOLES (it's on Onesimo Jimenez, next to the English institute ELI), around 4K a month, nice physical space and well-trained teachers. It doesn't have grade school, just pre. Another option that might not be full is Padre Fortin - close to Plaza Internacional.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I can suggest ABBA. It is reasonably priced in the $5k range, has good people and yes, one of my grandchildren went there. It is in the Jardines on Calle 15, across from the park in the same area as New Horizons. Again, you need to come here for coffee...

With Christmas cheer,

HB

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Is it just me or is 400-500$ a month absurd tuition for a 4 year old kid.. I'm looking for school for mine also and having a tough time swallowing these tuition rates.. I went to one of the top high schools in Florida and my grandmother paid less than what these schools are charging.. the times they are a changin i guess..

Be glad you're not in NJ then - daughter was paying just under $900 a month for toddler preschool. Last year she paid about $7,000 for Kindergarten in a Catholic school for her other child - this year he went to public school.

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
Thanks to all for you help. We decided to put her in My Sweet Home in los Alamos till at least September where I want to get her into Colegio Dominicano.