Humano ARS

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Anyone who has this, who is over 65, can you give me some feedback or your experience with this company?

Also, what, if you know, is the difference between all the levels of service?

Any suggestions/information/recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Ro

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
Anyone who has this, who is over 65, can you give me some feedback or your experience with this company?

Thanks.
Ro
Where are you? Im not over 65 but i have a trusted friend who can help you. I just bought insurance from her for Palec for a family of 4. She explained everything. If you are in Santiago let me know.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Thanks, but I'm in Sosua. My insurance agent who I've had for 7 years recommended someone (who I don't know and have yet to meet) in Puerto Plata. I am going slowly as I don't want something that doesn't work for me.

Any help would be appreciated.

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
I am 65, based in Santiago, and took out full insurance with ARS Humano 3 months ago via the offices of a good friend who has connections within this company's underwriters. It wasn't easy. I had to attend 2 separate medical examinations but I was given Plan Max for $42,000 pesos per year.

PM me if you want his details. He also has an office in Puerta Plata.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002

Thanks.
Ro
Been with them for many years and completely satisfied. They are rated (I think) the best in the DR. As for different levels of service, any broker can give you the details or stop at one of their offices. Sosua or POP.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Thanks, your comments are just what I needed to hear to proceed. Will do as suggested re asking for details.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
read small print, ok? the better plan the more you can tweak it. you can have more money available for medicine coverage, add dental and so on. make sure you get something suited to your needs.
humano is one of the best companies here but beware the plan will take minimum of three months to kick in.