robbed,,,surprise!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruzan

May 3, 2006
Since my large dog was asleep on the job last night as we were robbed......My wife and I have decided we need a small, alert, yippy dog.......We really do not like chihuahuas....therefore,,,,does anyone know of any miniature schnauzers for sale???
thanks

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
Ooh I'm so sorry to hear. Check the online classified sites.. lapulga I think had some a few months back. Good luck!

vacanodr

Jun 10, 2012
Since my large dog was asleep on the job last night as we were robbed......My wife and I have decided we need a small, alert, yippy dog.......We really do not like chihuahuas....therefore,,,,does anyone know of any miniature schnauzers for sale???
thanks

Get an alarm system put in. Vary your types of security. Get an alarm system with motion detectors and dor and window alarms and lights that go on outside due to sensors. Keep the dog you have and get some cans of pepper spray to keep in the house too.

cruzan

May 3, 2006
Thank you for the concern,,,,,I have no idea who or what "lapulga" is.......what I would really like to get is the "biggest, meanest, rip the friggin leg off anyone who walks onto my property",wolfdog,,,,or doberman......
I'd settle for one of these if I can't get a yippy ,"alertdog" schnauzer"...

vacanodr

Jun 10, 2012
The toughest dogs in the world are:

Pit Bulls in the USA (They are bred to fight bulls and other animals)
Argentine Dogos in Argentina (They kill wild boar and jaguars)
Fila dogs in Brazil (They are 200+lbs in many cases and have been known to chase down bears!)
Tosu Inu dogs in Japan (Huge fighting dogs with a serious mean side)
Rhodesian Ridgeback dogs in Africa (These tough dogs are used to hunt down lions! They are bold, fearless, tough and have a natural instinct to protect their owners)

Any of those dogs would be able to bit pieces off of any burglar.

****Although, a nice handgun or shotgun would blow a hole in them and would be a great addition to dogs and an alarm system. Also, it would be a great substitute for getting a second dog. I would just keep the dog you have, put a serious alarm system in with motion sensors inside and outside the house and buy a gun and some pepper spray.

mbgmike

Jan 17, 2012
burglars and robbers do not like little dogs. the can't catch them and they are hard to kill. big dogs are easier as they attack and can be killed

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
This is why we have a small Havaneese (15 pounder) we call the barker and a 130 lb Rottie who is the bitter. They make a good combo

Bob K

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
If you don't have bars on the windows get them.

I never liked Chihuahuas until my neighbors gave me their four month old Cheewee. He's the best watchdog going and a great pet. He doesn't take any guff from my other 2 dogs.

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
bummer on getting robbed. That really stinks. There is a guy in Boca Chica who sells Cane Corso dogs. Kind of like a huge Italian Pitbull. They are supposed to be really good watchdogs. Kind of big and goofy though. I would get a Jack Russel and a shotgun.
Im glad nobody in your house got hurt.

CoreyH

Mar 5, 2010
If you live on the North coast, go to Judy's pet lodge or it's also called AAAS. They have a many dogs to choose from that need re-homing. In most cases they're not pure bred, but that's ok, you're looking for protection and an alarm system right? We have 3 rescues from Judy's. One is a Rottweiler/ Shepherd mix, big, great bark, one is a Malamute/Doberman mix, quiet but she'd be the first one to attack, and one Vira Lata, or Dominican street dog, 20 pounds, fearless and a great barker. And of course our Shih Tzu from the States who keeps everyone in line.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
bummer on getting robbed. That really stinks. There is a guy in Boca Chica who sells Cane Corso dogs. Kind of like a huge Italian Pitbull. They are supposed to be really good watchdogs. Kind of big and goofy though. I would get a Jack Russel and a shotgun.
Im glad nobody in your house got hurt.

Cane Corso is an Italian mastiff.... no self respecting Italian nobleman would be without one to guard his property.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
I've found out that a security alarm system has worked well for me.Thieves have a way
of getting rid of large and small dogs alike (chihuahuas)the little ankle biters.They toss
salami laced with poison over the fence.

If a watchdog is what you prefer,make sure you train it not to eat anything found
in your yard.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
I've found out that a security alarm system has worked well for me.Thieves have a way
of getting rid of large and small dogs alike (chihuahuas)the little ankle biters.They toss
salami laced with poison over the fence.

If a watchdog is what you prefer,make sure you train it not to eat anything found
in your yard.

wanna give any info on your security alarm system?where to get one? costs?

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
Cane Corso is an Italian mastiff.... no self respecting Italian nobleman would be without one to guard his property.

I keep telling my girlfriend that and she still refuses to let me get one.

Bronzie does bring up an interesting point about the weakness of solely relying on dogs for your security.
Bars
Alarm
Dogs
Guns/Training.

You can probably get by with two of the above. The Bars and Alarm would be a minimum for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.