Immigration to USA

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Having as many doors open as possible I would like to know how my and my families chances are to move to and live in the States.

My mother in law is US citizen, I am German and I work for a US company. Wife is Dominican, our son has German and Dominican nationality.

Where I can find more information please?

Thanks!

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
I see. I'm sure people here know many cases. So let's wait a while. In the mean time, I'm no expert, of course, but it seems to me the easiest way would be to make your wife a German, move to the US and then find a way to get permanent residency. I met quite a few germans living in the US who were "illegal", but of course we all know that just like in DR, those laws are intended for other kind of inmigrants. The cases I've known of american mother requesting residency for dominican child take years to resolve...

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Never thought about making my wife a German!!! :)

Edit: Not possible, you have to live in Germany since a minimum of 8 years to be able to apply... :(

I see. I'm sure people here know many cases. So let's wait a while. In the mean time, I'm no expert, of course, but it seems to me the easiest way would be to make your wife a German, move to the US and then find a way to get permanent residency. I met quite a few germans living in the US who were "illegal", but of course we all know that just like in DR, those laws are intended for other kind of inmigrants. The cases I've known of american mother requesting residency for dominican child take years to resolve...

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Having as many doors open as possible I would like to know how my and my families chances are to move to and live in the States.

My mother in law is US citizen, I am German and I work for a US company. Wife is Dominican, our son has German and Dominican nationality.

Where I can find more information please?

Thanks!

Your mom in law can sponsor your wife and once your wife has a job and gets settled down, couldn't she sponsor you and the kids?

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Never thought about making my wife a German!!! :)

Edit: Not possible, you have to live in Germany since a minimum of 8 years to be able to apply... :(

If married i believe it is 2 years marriage and 3 years continuous residency in Germany. I know this because i got the ex a Spanish guy to marry and thought he was taking her to Vigo where it would be 1 year. He did not mention he has been living and working in Germany for 7 years. Now she has more hoops to jump thru since he is Spanish living in Germany. But in your case i know if you are a German national and do the 2/3 year thing you will be all set. And it will be way easier to get her to a EU country than the US of A.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Thanks.

My wife has the permanent residency for Germany, we are married since 15 years. We used to live one year in Germany way back and we do not want to live there.

It is just evaluating options, if it is too much of a hassle then we let it, we don't have to...

If married i believe it is 2 years marriage and 3 years continuous residency in Germany. I know this because i got the ex a Spanish guy to marry and thought he was taking her to Vigo where it would be 1 year. He did not mention he has been living and working in Germany for 7 years. Now she has more hoops to jump thru since he is Spanish living in Germany. But in your case i know if you are a German national and do the 2/3 year thing you will be all set. And it will be way easier to get her to a EU country than the US of A.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
The easiest way would be if the US company you work for offered you a job in the USA - that would open the door immediately for a US visa for you [and your family too, I believe]. Any possibility of that happening?

Our niece worked as an engineer for an American company in the Free Zone, and they offered her a job in Oklahoma. Instant visa.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Was your mom in law a US citizen when your wife was born? Is mom still in the states. The Family Reunification Act works well. If she is living in the DR tell her to get her butt back to the states and apply.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
No, she became a citizen around 10 years ago but she is living in New York...

Was your mom in law a US citizen when your wife was born? Is mom still in the states. The Family Reunification Act works well. If she is living in the DR tell her to get her butt back to the states and apply.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The easiest way would be if the US company you work for offered you a job in the USA - that would open the door immediately for a US visa for you [and your family too, I believe]. Any possibility of that happening?

Our niece worked as an engineer for an American company in the Free Zone, and they offered her a job in Oklahoma. Instant visa.

The job offer route should be bullet proof........ I have done it more than once and my daughter just did it last year.

The onus is on the company to do the paperwork - as sponsor.

The door swings wide open if you qualify for the position

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
The mother in law is a US citizen? I submmited a patition for one of my daugther recently this year(I-130 application recived by NVC April 18) hope she will be here in US within two or three months as the process have being working out... Of course she is single and 18 years old.

JJ

RGVgal

Bronze
May 26, 2008
The job offer route should be bullet proof........ I have done it more than once and my daughter just did it last year.

The onus is on the company to do the paperwork - as sponsor.

The door swings wide open if you qualify for the position

The company is only suppose to get the visa if they can't find a U.S. worker with the necessary skills. Unfortunately for U.S. workers the rules are easy to break.

GinzaGringo

Sep 29, 2010
My employer has sponsored several foreigners for positions (Chinese and Indians) and in every instance the position that was advertised for, was basically tailor fit for the foreign national in need of sponsorship. This was not really about discrimination against American applicants, as much as it was about the natural fit that grows between an employee and an employer, over time. These foreign nationals joined the organization as students, on a student visa, learned the ropes, became indispensable and thus, sort of irreplaceable.

The company is only suppose to get the visa if they can't find a U.S. worker with the necessary skills. Unfortunately for U.S. workers the rules are easy to break.