Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default AMET Fine Amount

Good Afternoon, Today I went to Banca Resrvas and paid my fine for making a left hand turn without the arrow being green. It was 1000 pesos. I asked the teller what the prices for different infractions were and he said all are 1000 pesos. The AMET Agent was polite and professional.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I was pulled over for having an expired marbete last week and he let me off with a long conversation about my military career and 200 pesos

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sayanora View Post
    I was pulled over for having an expired marbete last week and he let me off with a long conversation about my military career and 200 pesos
    Nothing like supporting corruption, you broke the law, so you were pulled over for a legitimate reason, not just for a hand out. You people make me sick that whine about how corrupt AMET is, then you grease the wheels of corruption, setting a perfect example.

4. Likes pollogringo, caribmike, N/A, mido, Castle liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Sayanora", "PM" me and I'll show you how to hand signal that you are military, or Ex-military, and you won't even have to stop!!!!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

6. Likes pollogringo, caribmike liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tamborista View Post
    Nothing like supporting corruption, you broke the law, so you were pulled over for a legitimate reason, not just for a hand out. You people make me sick that whine about how corrupt AMET is, then you grease the wheels of corruption, setting a perfect example.
    Some like to have it both ways.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tamborista View Post
    Hm.. the other option is paying 2000-3000 in fees, and wasting a full day in arguing and trying to find out where my car is.. I'd rather just grease the wheels.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Same on the new toll road.......... one size fits all

No matter how fast you were going, one fine..... flat rate

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

i remember the first trip i made to the DR, i had a taxi driver take me to Boca Chica beach. he owned an old Ford Maverick, which could not exceed maybe 30mph, on its best day. we got pulled over for speeding, on the Las Americas highway. the thing that surprised me most was that he did not detect our speed with a radar gun. it was a bullhorn!! he asked my taxi driver how much we could come up with. i gave him 100 pesos, at which time he shook my hand, and wished me a pleasant swim, or whatever.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

It is an interesting situation on turning left when there are traffic lights that show the normal green , amber and red to turn left ..but there are others that just show nothing or a green arrow . The problem is that when they simply show nothing and you are holding up a line of traffic waiting for a green arrow and nothing is coming the other way , then what to you do ...I normally go left and I never know whether it is correct or not ,,I amnot going against a red light

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's time to buy a Donkey or a Trotting Horse and then we won't have to worry about helmets or fines.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast