AMET Fine Amount

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Afternoon, Today I went to Banca Resrvas and paid my fine for making a left hand turn without the arrow being green. It was 1000 pesos. I asked the teller what the prices for different infractions were and he said all are 1000 pesos. The AMET Agent was polite and professional.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
I was pulled over for having an expired marbete last week and he let me off with a long conversation about my military career and 200 pesos :)

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I was pulled over for having an expired marbete last week and he let me off with a long conversation about my military career and 200 pesos :)

Nothing like supporting corruption, you broke the law, so you were pulled over for a legitimate reason, not just for a hand out. You people make me sick that whine about how corrupt AMET is, then you grease the wheels of corruption, setting a perfect example.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Sayanora", "PM" me and I'll show you how to hand signal that you are military, or Ex-military, and you won't even have to stop!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Dec 26, 2011
Nothing like supporting corruption, you broke the law, so you were pulled over for a legitimate reason, not just for a hand out. You people make me sick that whine about how corrupt AMET is, then you grease the wheels of corruption, setting a perfect example.

Some like to have it both ways.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012

Hm.. the other option is paying 2000-3000 in fees, and wasting a full day in arguing and trying to find out where my car is.. I'd rather just grease the wheels.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Same on the new toll road.......... one size fits all

No matter how fast you were going, one fine..... flat rate

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
i remember the first trip i made to the DR, i had a taxi driver take me to Boca Chica beach. he owned an old Ford Maverick, which could not exceed maybe 30mph, on its best day. we got pulled over for speeding, on the Las Americas highway. the thing that surprised me most was that he did not detect our speed with a radar gun. it was a bullhorn!! he asked my taxi driver how much we could come up with. i gave him 100 pesos, at which time he shook my hand, and wished me a pleasant swim, or whatever.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
It is an interesting situation on turning left when there are traffic lights that show the normal green , amber and red to turn left ..but there are others that just show nothing or a green arrow . The problem is that when they simply show nothing and you are holding up a line of traffic waiting for a green arrow and nothing is coming the other way , then what to you do ...I normally go left and I never know whether it is correct or not ,,I amnot going against a red light

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I think it's time to buy a Donkey or a Trotting Horse and then we won't have to worry about helmets or fines.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it is time to buy a car like mine: too slow to get you a fine and about as big as a helmet :)

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002

I agree with you, but it's nice to have a corrupt government when you do need some corruption on your side. We all like to have our cake and eat it too...

nas

Bronze
Jul 1, 2009
Sayanora", "PM" me and I'll show you how to hand signal that you are military, or Ex-military, and you won't even have to stop!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

CC, I knew the military hand signal in my teens. Do they ever change it?

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
What, tinted windows are illegal in DR? Who knew...

Yup they is, but only the windshield, the other windows can be tinted.....I got dinged a few time for that, then I took the tinting off the windshield and haven't been stopped since....

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
It is not an infraction turning left on a green even if an arrow is shown at first. The arrow simply gives you the opportunity to go first. If there is an arrow and then a red light, you obviously can't go. I confirmed this with AMET last year in regards to the light at Playero in Sosua.

david_

Dec 8, 2012
Good Afternoon, Today I went to Banca Resrvas and paid my fine for making a left hand turn without the arrow being green. It was 1000 pesos. I asked the teller what the prices for different infractions were and he said all are 1000 pesos. The AMET Agent was polite and professional.

Sounds about right, I got one too, but if I remember right it was about 1500 pesos. Can't be sure though. Agent was also polite and professional.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
mine was polite but not professional. I still think the lights must have been different colours on my side to his, you cant really argue if someone says you went through on a red light unless you take a photo of every traffic light you pass through