Doncha kind wish you could do this here?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Darlin' dv8: And you left Poland because you did not like the weather? That is the Falkland Islands you are talking about.

Where I used to live in the US, both in West Virginia, New York and New Jersey, we never locked our doors! Crime as we ( you and me) know it here, just did not exist....of course, every house I ever lived in had at least two or three shotguns and a pair of smaller handguns...but they were never ever used....people just did not try and break into a house back then.

Times are a changing... Now I would like to have bear traps all over the house and out in the patio....

HB

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ha ha ha, no, i like four seasons :)

only now when i go home i feel strange my parents do not have bars in windows (ground floor) :(
or a bin in a toilet... ;)

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Yeah, some folks have great surveillance cameras, but what about the rest? I just wish the DR had the "home is your castle" laws we have most places in the states...

For your viewing pleasure:
1) Armed Homeowner Shoots Robbers During Daytime Invasion (AZ) - YouTube

2) Man Shoots Home Invader - YouTube

Now iffen I had me one of these????

A nice .357? #3) 69-Year-Old Shoots Home Intruder - YouTube

Have a nice day!!

HB

Are you saying one cannot shoot a home invader in the DR without going to jail?

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Are you saying one cannot shoot a home invader in the DR without going to jail?

I think you should go to jail (police, not like Najayo kind of place) until everything is clear. A good lawyer should get you out in no time.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
I think you should go to jail (police, not like Najayo kind of place) until everything is clear. A good lawyer should get you out in no time.

There in lies the problem as once they got you in jail, its pay, pay, pay. Call a good lawyer and pay pay some more. Which sadly the thief if he survives seems to pay his way out as well.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Jxf3yTxuW_U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We need some more of Bernie Goetz!!!!

May 12, 2005
There in lies the problem as once they got you in jail, its pay, pay, pay. Call a good lawyer and pay pay some more. Which sadly the thief if he survives seems to pay his way out as well.

Well the idea if you need to use a firearm against a burglar is 1 shot, 1 kill.

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
in the US they take armed home invasion pretty serious ,I think in most states it carries about a 40 yr. sentence, and you will do most of that.