Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bring Things Thru Aduanas Cost? Problems

I want to bring back a small TV -flat screen, small enough to fit in my suitcase. I will no doubt have to take it out at JFK for screening...will Aduanas or other try to charge me somehow for this at POP? AND...this is a longshot.. Bringing a small(12 inch or the like) Xmas tree - LIVE - through. Is that a NoGo?

Am I becoming Domincan? - should i try to find a fold up sofa, chairs and a coffeetable too? LOL

Thanks for the $.02 worth

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

ha! i would like to see a face of an aduana worker when he sees the tree!

you could buy a small pine-like tree in a vivero here. and then plant it in the garden. reusable christmas tree

3. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi:
    Are you putting it in a carry on suitcase? Sounds like it. I have brought in many things in a suitcase at all different airports around the country. I have never had a problem. Normally with a small amount of luggage you will have no problem but there is no guarantee. As far as the live small tree I don't think you can bring that in legally. On your customs form it asks if you have any plants with you. I would advise against briinging it.

LTSteve

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

A GREAT IDEA!. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    ha! i would like to see a face of an aduana worker when he sees the tree!

you could buy a small pine-like tree in a vivero here. and then plant it in the garden. reusable christmas tree

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Steve

Thanks. Yeah I will skip the tree..a Target tinsel tree will suffice. I am going to chance the TV in carry on with me. No box, no nothing.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a friend that brought a 24 inch flat screen in. packed it in his luggage. I think the secret is to just pick up all your luggage and walk through, do not look left or right...walk ....

Quote Originally Posted by caribeman View Post
    Steve

Thanks. Yeah I will skip the tree..a Target tinsel tree will suffice. I am going to chance the TV in carry on with me. No box, no nothing.

8. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cruzan View Post
    I had a friend that brought a 24 inch flat screen in. packed it in his luggage. I think the secret is to just pick up all your luggage and walk through, do not look left or right...walk ....
    Wouldn't you run the risk of the TV breaking or stolen?
    Last edited by Bronxboy; 12-11-2012 at 03:49 PM.

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't think of putting it in checked luggage. Only if I came through with it in carry on. Otherwise I would wait for a sale at LaSirena...

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I brought in 4or 5 flat screen TV's in checked luggage at different times. All were 24 25 inches and fit nicelly out of the box. None of them broke, and I never paid one peso to customs. One time a guy found one and it was face down. I said it was a monitor that I paid 80 dollars for and he waved me through.

Just pack them tight with a lot of clothes or towells around them.

12. Likes bri777 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

So did I

I bought a hardshell suitcase just for that purpose,the most hideous thing ever
    Samsonite 1990 model
    gets me thru everytime
    Manu

14. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast