Dominicans on YouTube

Guatiao

El Leon de los Cacicazgos
Mar 27, 2004
Hi DR1,

It's been a long time since I've visited this site.

Anyway, I am searching for Dominican YouTubers and would like to hear your favorites (if any exist). I want to see what Dominicans have done with the creativeness that YouTube offers as a platform and its effects on the culture. I'm mostly interested in political, social, or humorous YouTubers similar to sxephil who does excellent news and social commentary, and communitychannel who does humorous monologues.

I find it interesting that I've had a hard time finding intelligent Dominicans on YouTube; either they don't exist or are buried in the matrix. I have found discovered wonderful YouTubers from Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, and Spain in less than an hour of searching, but I've been searching for 2 days for Dominican YouTubers (that actually post intriguing content) and only found one guy that is adequate NubeNegraTV.

One would think that the freedom of the internet would inspire young people to create, but I haven't seen any interesting productions from the DR.

mbgmike

Jan 17, 2012
I think most people do not have the time and many think it is nonsense. My wife she thinks i am loco for wasting time even here on DR1 jajajaja
She has a 4 year degree and Facebook is the closest thing she would ever do but not that much.
We have a large dominican family. Most all adults have a college education and I think its more of a time factor. 4 are surgeons and do not have time to do that kind of stuff. They have carreers and family to take care of. Sites like facebook are quick and take no time. I never have posted on Youtube I work too many hours to get off work and make videos???? for what reason??? to be popular??
There are some very good videos about the country on youtube but many of them just show Dominicans in a , well to quote my wife, "they make dominicans look stupid"
I think it is really just a matter of not having the time to do it. Their are hard working Dominicans out there jajajajajaj

most of the better serious ones I have found are videos about the country not people doing things. but i am not sure the posters are Dominican, they might be but its hard to tell

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
There are tons of Dominicans doing stuff out there, from funny stuff to Dominican rappers, etc...

I'm sure you can certainly do a search...personally I think that guy from "Thatsdominican" can be pretty funny (probably only Dominicans will get his kind of humor).

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/g0WdiAvkl4I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

GinzaGringo

Sep 29, 2010
Can you provide the examples of the intelligent Mexican, Argentinian, Brazilian and Spanish youTubers, you speak of? Personally, I am not that impressed with this guy NubeNegraTV. I am curious as to what sort of videos you find compelling.

I find it interesting that I've had a hard time finding intelligent Dominicans on YouTube; either they don't exist or are buried in the matrix. I have found discovered wonderful YouTubers from Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, and Spain in less than an hour of searching, but I've been searching for 2 days for Dominican YouTubers (that actually post intriguing content) and only found one guy that is adequate NubeNegraTV.

GinzaGringo

Sep 29, 2010
NubeNegraTV

This seems like the video equivalent of the Metro, or Mad Magazine, or the social page section of a local paper, hardly intellectual stuff, just noise to distract the brain from the real task at hand, not exactly "ideas worth spreading" kind of stuff. TED: Ideas worth spreading

GinzaGringo

Sep 29, 2010

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
The only Youtubers I know are the guys from that's Dominican.com. There's always people sharing their videos on Facebook or via e-mail.