Anyone involved in the recycle business

Nov 25, 2008
Just want to see if anyone is involved in the recycling business here in the D.R?
Planning to start here a small operation with some Canadians, just want some incite
Main idea collecting plastic containers (coke,water, color, no color and shredding for export)
thanks

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
ou will have stiff competition from Recicladora del Cibao. It is owned by a friend of mine who used to own Ferreter?a Ochoa (part owner)....They are located on Ave Hispano Americana...out past the entrance to Centro Espa?ol...

Check out that operation.

HB

cooktires

Jan 21, 2013
comin your way in febuary 2013
used to be a company in canada called canadian plastic lumber. I used to supply them with about 200,000 lb of hdpe detergent bottles a month. they made a great lumber product. very easy process they hardly washed the flake. i would think that making products that can be sold and used in the dr would do well. I'll be there soon. I'm sailing down from key west 2/1/13.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Thry have a big recycling operation in Las Terrenas. Do not know if they are doing plastic, they may still be buring it. See if you can make contact with Edit who runs Pura Verde. Post in the North east section and someone from LT can give you her number and she can tell you. I know that they have it for aluminium cans and bottles.