Ocean World

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
I know this is a thread somewhere, but the search function gave me some interesting returns.... not one about Ocean World.

My question is.... are there any better prices than the ones posted online? My son and his wife are arriving and he wants to give her the Dolphin swim for a Christmas gift. Three of us only want to do the day passes. It seems the best I can tell is that it is around $200 for the swim and over $60 for the day pass!

How do locals afford this?

Just seemed a tad pricey in my opinion.

Thanks for any input.

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
I don't consider myself poor, or rich... but I do consider myself local. I just stated I thought this was a little pricey! My opinion only.

Last edited:

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
Locals pay lower price in Ocean World - if I remember correctly, about half of what non-residents pay. I went there with a Dominican friend last year and was let in as a local, so you can try to sweet talk you way in.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Of course its expensive! A dolphin is not a fish in an aquarium, they have much other needs then just swimming around and be fed and that comes with a price tag.

david_

Dec 8, 2012
I know this is a thread somewhere, but the search function gave me some interesting returns.... not one about Ocean World.

My question is.... are there any better prices than the ones posted online? My son and his wife are arriving and he wants to give her the Dolphin swim for a Christmas gift. Three of us only want to do the day passes. It seems the best I can tell is that it is around $200 for the swim and over $60 for the day pass!

How do locals afford this?

Just seemed a tad pricey in my opinion.

Thanks for any input.

Spicedwine,

As someone already mentioned, locals pay less. If I remember right it was at least half off regular price for admission. So, if you're taking any locals have them take ID, and they can take advantage. Ocean World really does make for a fun day. We didn't do the dolphin swim, but watched others. Looked fun. Enjoy!!!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
locals cannot afford it, really, even at half the price. unless they have money but then they'd be rico enough to pay even a full rate.

in any case, even local gringos pay less. few years back i went there with my visitor, she wanted to do dolphin encounter. based on my cedula we got a local price: for two entry tickets and the encounter she paid less that she would have paid for her admission+dolphins if she went there herself.

mbgmike

Jan 17, 2012
Many dominicans can afford it. many can't just like any country. I am not sure what it depends on when it comes to price. i always get local pricing.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
that's what i mean, mike. there are locals who can afford to spend few hundred dollars for a day out with the kids. but they'd be able to pay the full price anyways.