Family day out in SD

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
I have family visiting with children, can anyone recommend a nice family day out?

karlheinz

Oct 2, 2006
tour the Colonial Zone, then the El Farro Lighthouse and possibly then the aquariam, tres Ojos also in the locale.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
In the colonial zone there is a children's museum, nice for small children. Plaza Espanola is nice to visit at night right now because of the Christmas decoration.

My children like go to the park (botanical garden, mirador sur), happyland (jumbo Luperon), screamland (agora, for older children), Body World for children above 4 years old (agora), zoo in arroyo Hondo (if you like walking steep hills and not recommended with children in strollers).

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
My two "VERY Top Sites" are the "Jardin Botanico", and the "Jardin Botanico"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's huge, but you ride all over the place in a train/tram/trolly, (Call It Whatever, but you don't have to walk.)
The highlight is the "Japanese Garden". You will have no idea you are in "SD".
It looks like something from "Jurasic Park"!
By-the-way, there is also a tram at the zoo so you don't have to walk there either.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Fallow every outing with a trip to "Helados Bon".
My favorite is "Ron Pasa", (Rum Rasin"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
My two "VERY Top Sites" are the "Jardin Botanico", and the "Jardin Botanico"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's huge, but you ride all over the place in a train/tram/trolly, (Call It Whatever, but you don't have to walk.)
The highlight is the "Japanese Garden". You will have no idea you are in "SD".
It looks like something from "Jurasic Park"!
By-the-way, there is also a tram at the zoo so you don't have to walk there either.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Fallow every outing with a trip to "Helados Bon".
My favorite is "Ron Pasa", (Rum Rasin"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
The tram in the zoo goes until one point, but if you want to visit the snakes, play garden, ponies or petting farm you will have to walk a rather steep hill and once there an even steeper hill down to the exit.

Forget the waterish 'icecream' of helados Bon and get Baskin Robbins!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I'll take your "Zoo Info", but NEVER would I trade my "Helados Bon, Que Buenos Son", for "Basket Who?????????"
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
I want my "Malteado" right NOW!!!!!!!!