plug-in mosquito repellant

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
Can i find these here? You know the little plug-in devices usually with a small bottle of repellant or maybe little pieces of impregnated card? Sosua even?

Mossies are driving me nuts at night :(

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
yeah, i had one of them plug in gimmicks. did not work! mosquito coil is what you need. will go on all night.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I was told that a sheet of the Bounce fabric softener works wonders. Can't buy it in barrio land but am sure the big supermarkets have it. Just put it at the end of the bed.

Matilda

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
What scent? Since there are different scents I am afraid to try a wrong one which might attract instead of repel them... ;)

Bounce Dryer Sheets

I was told that a sheet of the Bounce fabric softener works wonders. Can't buy it in barrio land but am sure the big supermarkets have it. Just put it at the end of the bed.

Matilda

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Really, i have always found them to be effective

DR mosquitos are another breed apart, they even drink salt water. Didn't work at my place either. Screens over the windows and keeping the door closed did.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
never, never, my friend. they just don't seem to work for me...
i buy plagatox (what a lovely name) mosquito coils and burn them in a living room all day long. works well.

bounty sheets i tried, also not so useful. i have only ever seen one brand on sale here, i mean one smell. who knew it comes in different types? :( but they make linen smell good :)

and yes, you can buy them plug ins, i bought ours in jose luis in POP. long time ago thou.