Proof of economic solvency

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
So my permanent residency permit is going to expire in a few months, and I'm trying to get my documents together to renew it. One of the things I'm hearing about now is that I will need to prove economic solvency by showing I own property, vehicles, or bank accounts.

I don't own property or a vehicle, but I do have a bank account in the DR (as well as in the EU). There's not that much money in the DR account though. Does anyone know what would be sufficient? Could I just get a letter from my DR bank stating that I am a customer in good standing? Or is there a required minimum balance amount?

Also, I've read that Migracion will no longer accept foreign bank balances or letters from foreign banks for this purpose. Is there any truth to this?

Thank you!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Where does your income come from- a pension or investment. If you have a pension statement it proves your financial solvency.

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
Where does your income come from- a pension or investment. If you have a pension statement it proves your financial solvency.

Bob, thanks for your response. I do not live in the Dominican Republic nor do I have any income stemming from there. I have a regular job in Europe.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Just get a job, any job. If you are working then you do not need to show any financial standing. The job must be one that a Dominican can not do. Go to any good call centre and they might sponsor you.
I know a guy who renewed on the sponsor of a very well known CC in ZF on SI, he had less than 400bucks in the bank. I'll drop no names as its not my place but start paddling and they may help you if you give them a few months of your time. (there is a hint in there)

Last edited: