SAMANA in FODOR'S "GO LIST" 2013

pdmlynek

Sep 27, 2012
This is good, but I do not understand the part about Villa Serena having “rock-bottom rates”. According to the hotel’s own website, the rates at low season are US$110 to $140 plus tax, and at high season are US$120 to US$150. To me this seems to be pretty pricy. Can someone from Fodor’s let me know how I can get the hotel get me a rock-bottom price (which I take to be around US$20)?

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I think that is Fodor's idea of rock bottom pricing. They are probably comparing this to other comparable hotels in the Caribbean. You won't find much on the Samana Peninsula at $20.00 per night. If you do I don't think you probably would be interested in staying there. In Las Terrenas you can probably find hotels at $65 to $85.00usd per night. This may not be during high season. As a whole the DR probably offers overall the most competitive prices and selection available for tourists from North America and Europe.

LTSteve

LTSteve

Oct 28, 2011
Las Terrenas room for $45 in front of Pueblo de los Pescadores

I think that is Fodor's idea of rock bottom pricing. They are probably comparing this to other comparable hotels in the Caribbean. You won't find much on the Samana Peninsula at $20.00 per night. If you do I don't think you probably would be interested in staying there. In Las Terrenas you can probably find hotels at $65 to $85.00usd per night. This may not be during high season. As a whole the DR probably offers overall the most competitive prices and selection available for tourists from North America and Europe.

LTSteve

LTSteve

I suggest you check El Pescador Apart-hotel in front of the Pueblo de los Pescadores in Las Terrenas. They rent from$45 with a nice bathroom, some have kitchenettes, and there's a restaurant downstairs, and many bars and other restaurants in the new Pueblo, and Gaia a few doors down.
The owner is Eric who speaks fluent English, tell him I sent you. His webpage is:

elpescadorlt.com

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I Agree with you Michele, plenty of options in that price range in LT, especially in low season.

It might help to speak French.