Baseball Excursion to Santiago

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Last Friday I took my cousins from Germany to the Aguilas-Estrellas baseball game in Santiago. It was a cool little excursion, from Puerto Plata its about 1hr drive to the stadium, which is easy to find (make a right on feb. 27th, the first major intersection coming into Santiago, then make a left after Colinas mall). A friend of ours got us good seats for RD$600 per person near 3rd base. The stadium kept getting fuller and fuller and by the 3rd or 4th inning it was almost filled to capacity, my guess about 15,000 people were there. The atmosphere was light and happy, they sell beer (cans) and liquor (bottles only, which they fill into plastic bottles). The liquor girls were attractive and would occasionally do a dance in the seat aisles. They even had cheerleaders and other inbetween innings entertainment. Manny Ramirez and other US Major Leaguers were playing. It was well worth the trip, even for my cousins who didn't understand the rules, enjoyed it a lot.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Forgot to mention, there are all kinds of food available to eat, from hot dogs, Dominos mini-pizza's, to fried chicken. We didnt' know and ate at McDonalds near the mall, before we went to the game.

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
wherever there are large numbers of dominicans gathered, you can be sure of two things:
there will be booze
there will be food :)

Glad you enjoyed it...i have been a few times, normally to see the Aguilas thrash Licey and have always had a great time

annaken skywalker

Jan 4, 2013
I would like to take in a baseball game while in S.D. at the end of this month. Are there games around the city for a tourist to take in (at this time of year)?