Shipping company in Phildelpha or Reading, PA area

Sashafierc33426

Nov 9, 2011
Hello everyone,

I am looking to use a new shipping company to send a few boxes to Puerto Plata.
I used a company based out of Philly, called Camden Shipping and they are the worse!!!!! I am never using them again!! I know barrels are also a popular way to ship things now also. If you know of any good company that I can use.

Thanks

Dec 26, 2011
Hello everyone,

I am looking to use a new shipping company to send a few boxes to Puerto Plata.
I used a company based out of Philly, called Camden Shipping and they are the worse!!!!! I am never using them again!! I know barrels are also a popular way to ship things now also. If you know of any good company that I can use.

Thanks

If I recall correctly, they "lost" a couple of boxes of clothes my then-wife sent to Bayaguana.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
We use Embarque Bella Vista in the Bronx, they pick up throughout southern NJ from a lot of places, I'm sure Camden is one of them, if not Philly itself. Been using them for about 20 years, never a lost anything. They deliver all over DR door to door. In the Atlantic City area we have at least two choices - Altamira Travel and a guy named Manuel, both will take your boxes and secure them until Bella Vista comes down to get them, usually every week or two.

Call them and ask where you can bring the boxes, or if they can pick them up from you:(718) 378-1569

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I think I tried them G, but you're right they won't come to PHL

The OP can try Camden but I think you are about as south as they go - if I recall

CocoBoy

Feb 23, 2012
Had great experiences with Rosa Del Monte in PHL. They picked up in the surrounding tri-state area as well.
215-203-8000 is the number I have for them but haven't used them in several years

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Had great experiences with Rosa Del Monte in PHL. They picked up in the surrounding tri-state area as well.
215-203-8000 is the number I have for them but haven't used them in several years

Be careful with them, we've heard some horror stories about Rosa Del Monte out of Philly and South Jersey. One person's stuff still wasn't delivered 3 months after shipping.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Correctomundo AE

They do NOT have regularly scheduled shipments

When the container gets full, they ship...... I avoided them after hearing that.

I called them and got that answer..... not hearsay

CocoBoy

Feb 23, 2012
Be careful with them, we've heard some horror stories about Rosa Del Monte out of Philly and South Jersey. One person's stuff still wasn't delivered 3 months after shipping.

Our service was great from them. On time, contents in perfect condition, price door to door exactly as quoted. Have referred others and they were pleased. Oh well can't please everyone I guess, but I'd use them again.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
How Kind, & generous of you to recommend a company that you have ABSOLUTELY no connection with!
"God Bless!!!"
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Sashafierc33426

Nov 9, 2011
I am back. Thanks all for the information. I just wanted to find a company in Philly or Reading area. I didn't want to too far to ship a few boxes. The boxes I send on Nov 3 finally made it to Puerto Plata this Monday. I guess What William Webster mentioned seems true. They will not send the ship out if the containers are not full, even though they never tell you that.

Sashafierc33426

Nov 9, 2011

I called the company Rosa Del Monte, and their prices are more pricey, and they don't deliver right to the person's door. if you want the box delivered to the door, they charge you $225 per box. My 2 boxes did finally arrive last Monday with Camden Shipping. They are super slow, but so far all the stuff I've have shipped out has arrived. Their price is $75 per box and they go right to the peron's door.