Business Visa for employment purposes.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Has anyone gone though Business Visa for employment purpose? And how do I get Resolution of the Ministry of Labor of the Dominican Republic. And how long does it take to get one?

Since I am working in one of the Free Zone, and I do go back to state and come back at least 3-4 time a year, instead of Residency visa, I am thinking about applying for Business Visa for employment purpose. I have witness many Koreans and gringos all doing the multiple visits to Santo Domingo for renewals. Some finished in three times and others have gone 5-8 times just for trying to renew their Cedula. And with what our lawyer wants to charge us, I don?t think it?s worth all the troubles if what I read about Business Visa in embassy site is true. I have read that with the approval of Business Visa our family can stay in DR for up to year at times and get license, bank accounts and etc? and extend or renew them at when it?s about to expire. I think it would give me less headache and it would be less time consuming if I can get one.

If anybody have experience with Business Visa please share?

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
employment visa

Usually your employer takes care of your work permit.

I'm not sure what a "work permit" would be.

An employment contract and the amount of the current fee (used to be US$100 a few years ago) presented with your passport at a Dominican consulate will get you a one-year visa. The employment visa exempts you from these tourist rules:

- limited duration of stay (90 days I think)
- entry fee (still US$10)

Some employers take care of it for their employees and others don't.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004

An employment contract and the amount of the current fee (used to be US$100 a few years ago) presented with your passport at a Dominican consulate will get you a one-year visa. The employment visa exempts you from these tourist rules:

Things have changed quite a lot in the past year with regards to visas in general... It's not that easy anymore.

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002

I wouldn't hire anybody without getting him/ her a work permit. You could end up in a lot of trouble if you need to fire somebody...