Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Need Some Help Understanding My Meter.

Okay, I was looking at my meter today, and it says that I've used about 1367 kwh. How do I figure out the cost of my electric bill?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

For what Electric Company?

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

you used 1400 kwH ? for one month ?have AC ?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

If your power company is an EDE, your bill will be 1,367 X 10.86 = 14,845.62 $RD or about $371 US.

What you need to know is if 1,367 kWh is the amount you really used from the start of the billing cycle or is it just the current meter reading. If you don't know what the reading was at the start of the current billing cycle, then we have no way to know exactly what your bill would be.

EDE's charge the following per kWh:

0 to 200 kWh 4.44 RD
    201 to 300 kWh 6.97 RD
    301 to 700 kWh 10.86 RD

Use over 700 kWh in a month and all of the usage is charged at 10.86 RD.

5. Likes Ringo liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by curious29 View Post
    you used 1400 kwH ? for one month ?have AC ?
    I've never turned the AC on, just the ceiling fan, and that was only for a few nights.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I have news for you "Scorpion" Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad News!!!!
    My usage last month was 15,270 pesos for the electricity,and 144 pesos "Fixed Cost!!!!
    For a family of 8!!!
    4 air conditioners, lots of fans, TVs, lights,ironing/washing time, 2 fridges,water pump,micro wave, I THINK you get the picture.
    There are a few scenarios for you, all Bad scenarios!!!!
    You are paying the bill of the tenant, who left without paying his bill.
    The account has not been put in your name?
    If not, if you want to continue to receive power, the bill must be paid in full, before that happens.Most likely, by YOU!
    Your landlord, and possibly "others" are stealing your power. ie. your line also powers common spaces, water pump,and god know what else.
    When you go to the electric office, expect THIS:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,"NO HELP", just a list of excuses why it is YOUR "Problemo!!!!"
    These are the kind of questions that newcomers should ask here on DR1, before, not after, they need information.
    I am not blaming you,or others, I blame Dominican Culture!
    The vast majority of us want to help people like you from making costly mistakes.
    ASK QUESTIONS!!!
    LOTS, of QUESTIONS!
    Keep us informed, it is possible we can help you make this situation, less costly.
    Cris Colon

8. Likes Ringo liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Scorpion View Post
    I've never turned the AC on, just the ceiling fan, and that was only for a few nights.

How about those gaming devices? they sure consume a lot of juice...

10. Likes Criss Colon, yacht chef liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    If your power company is an EDE, your bill will be 1,367 X 10.86 = 14,845.62 $RD or about $371 US.

What you need to know is if 1,367 kWh is the amount you really used from the start of the billing cycle or is it just the current meter reading. If you don't know what the reading was at the start of the current billing cycle, then we have no way to know exactly what your bill would be.

EDE's charge the following per kWh:

0 to 200 kWh 4.44 RD
    201 to 300 kWh 6.97 RD
    301 to 700 kWh 10.86 RD

Use over 700 kWh in a month and all of the usage is charged at 10.86 RD.
    $371!? No way that is correct, I've only been here for a few weeks, and I haven't turned on the AC once. I've run the ceiling fan, and that was perhaps for a few hours for maybe three or four nights(it has been off most of the time). I live alone and all I run is a laptop and I hardly keep the lights on. I will contact my landlord now to figure out the cost of this and when the billing cycle started, but no way in fking hell I'm paying $371 for three weeks. I will move out and I will promptly let him know it. So hopefully your numbers are off.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Scorpion View Post
    $371!? No way that is correct, I've only been here for a few weeks, and I haven't turned on the AC once. I've run the ceiling fan, and that was perhaps for a few hours for maybe three or four nights(it has been off most of the time). I live alone and all I run is a laptop and I hardly keep the lights on. I will contact my landlord now to figure out the cost of this and when the billing cycle started, but no way in fking hell I'm paying $371 for three weeks. I will move out and I will promptly let him know it. So hopefully your numbers are off.
    What's the arrangement with the landlord? Are you paying him directly for the luz or are you getting a factura in your name? How many units are in the rental property or is it a single dwelling? Something doesn't sound right.

Didn't you say that you can barely communicate in Dominican Spanish?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never had the luck of getting a brand new meter. The ones they always install already display some kwh. You have to calculate the delta in order to get your actual consumption.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast