Those Little Ankle Bugs

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I remember them in July / August...... are they full time now.?????:mad:

They are killing me!!!

Don't suggest my aroma........that's not it.... no artificial scents here:classic:

I rarely shower (conserving agua a la Yappy, RIP)
Shave every other week
Never use toilet paper

Generally do all I can to deter attacks by insects.... totally au naturel, sort of the a "right out of the box" mentality

I was just setting the grill and the little bastards bit my feet.

I have had a tough day !!!!

My recently reconditioned Jeep balked like burro on me - no start'um - in an effing Claro dead zone.
The back up car is in for nonfunctioning windows

I am truly screwed !!

I attract a motoconcho to rescue me.... give him 100 pesos (way past my budget).
Try as he might, his little 35cc bike won't fire up.... I try pushing him.... slightly uphill, no mean feat.

As he puts it into gear I could have broken my nose on the back of his helmut.

NADA..... I switch motoconchos---- luckily retrieved my 100DRP

I no sooner give it to the new man than the other fellow's moto roars to life... as I/ we inch away........

Lo siento, I say

La vida in RD no es facil..........

The bugs are up to my knees now........... crabs???:rolleyes:

Pass that blue soap.......:hurt:

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I have been getting nibbled but I am not sure if it is my imagination, when I feel them I try to sneakily look down to see them, but there is never anything there, so the chances I am actually going a little nuts is possible. They don't leave bites, but they do leave bumps, lots like a rash. I dunno what they are but they do seem only to like my ankles downwards.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I have been getting nibbled but I am not sure if it is my imagination, when I feel them I try to sneakily look down to see them, but there is never anything there, so the chances I am actually going a little nuts is possible. They don't leave bites, but they do leave bumps, lots like a rash. I dunno what they are but they do seem only to like my ankles downwards.
Mayes.

Dominican noseeums.

Evil.

The only defense that actually works is orange OFF (25% DEET.) Otherwise you're what's for dinner.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I use "Bayrum",available in the medecine area of most "Supers".
NOT the Bayrum" men's cologne.I use "Vencedor" brand.
As soon as I feel a mosquito,ant, or any bites, I splash it on LIBERALLY a few times.
Works for me.
Those tiny biting ants would give itching blisters that lasted a week.
No More!
But you gotta use it right away.
CCCCCCCC

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
The cheaper knock-offs do nothing.
Exactly.

I laugh when we get an enviro-guest who brings organic herbal insect repellent...despite warnings from us well in advance...they they complain about getting eaten alive.

And, believe me: you WILL get eaten alive, especially if you have sweet gringo virgin blood...

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Nasty little things which attact us the first six months we lived here, after that a seldom bite.

I think WW, you do not live here long enough at a time for those creatures to leave you alone.

RayO

Mar 25, 2012
Oh geez I was hoping they took the winter off. Will have to make sure to stock up on stuff here first. My legs were a poor sight this summer but they don't bother my husband. What's up with that?

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
Oh geez I was hoping they took the winter off. Will have to make sure to stock up on stuff here first. My legs were a poor sight this summer but they don't bother my husband. What's up with that?

He must be a thigh man :)

jonytuga

Oct 16, 2012
In Europe it's rare being bitten by mosquitoes,they usually die after biting me:dead: (maybe I have deet in my veins instead of blood eh eh), but in the Caribbean when it rains some tiny mosquitoes bite me maybe they think "hmmm fresssssh blood Let'sssss tasssste it",and the repellent does not result, I think that the Caribbean mosquitoes drink repellent at the breakfast :surprised
JT