working in the dominican republic

J

Jessie

I want to work in the Dominican Republic as a nurse. I like to work in the hospital in Puerto Plata. But getting information about working in the Dominican in very difficult!!!!!
Does someone know if there is a chance to work over there?????
thanks!!!
Jessie

R

Ruben

Networking is the only way.....you need a "friend of a friend", if you can catch my drift.

H

hillbilly

This will be very difficult. Lots of reasons..

1) Nurses are underpaid,overworked and generally considered as domestic servants by 99.9% of all M.D.s
2) In order to work, you need a Residency Visa. Takes time.
3) You might be better off offering your services to an International Organization that is doing health work in the area.
Medicine sans Frontiers/Doctors without Frontiers; UNICEF; HELP the CHILDREN, that sort of thing.
4) social Stature of nurses is barely above that of the Sosua streetwalkers...so be prepared...

HB, sadly

G

Grahame Bush

Do you speak Spanish? What other languages do you speak? What are your qualifications & other details?

I know a couple of doctors in one of the Private Clinics here & although it is going to be difficult (& as Hillbilly is so correct in saying - Timeconsuming) I will ask the questions.

Drop me an e-mail with FULL detils & I will see what I can do.
Regards & Good Luck - Grahame Bush

K

Karen

I am a nurse from country victoria australia ......i have tried to locate pixie skase on the net........i wish to send her mi deepest condolonces.....the aus press are run by empires that make their money from pain...........others pain.........they spend more money at a blackjack table in one night than was ever the debt incurred by quintrex.............if you can locate ms skase please tell her the majority of australians do not despise her nor her late husband............but are more brainwashed than believers....................if ever she needs a sanctum her in aus.........she will be welcome to the solitude of our property at moonriver markwood in central victoria........i also once worked for geoff mc from deluxe coachlines...he was a good friend of cks.........i stole a coach for him when anz tried to shut him down.............pixie you owe nothing to this country and treat them with contempt they are sensationalists who seek to make money from despair....it has been the case since white settlement.......but pixie my heart goes to you sadly at this time......if i were you i would go national with british tv and state that your interviews would be 1.ooo.ooo. an interview....afterall you have to manage the upkeep on your home etc....give big buck interviews......and stuff the other bastards..........please forward this on to ms skase and her family and tell her i am sincere.............godbless her at this extremely stressing time.........and may she gain some strength to rise to the success she and her family deserve.......arkangelkaren@hotmail.com signing off...

A

Ali

Re: This will be very difficult. Lots of reasons..

which is easier for an american to do in the DR....get a job or open a business?

G

Grahame Bush

Yes, doesn't seem to have any relevence to my posting at all & I certainly do not know what this person is alluding to. Like to clarify things for us arcangel Karen???

J

Jessie

Hi Grahame,
I want to give you more information, but not on this internetside.
Please send me an email on my personal emailadress, so I can send you more information back.
Thanks!!!!

H

hillbilly

I think this might be a virus at work, sending mes

messages to every place a person has in her address book...Otherwise we are in deep schitt if this keeps up!!

HB

G

Grahame Bush

Jessie - My re-mail address is on both of my postings - Use that to write to me!! G.B.

J

Jimmy Sharpe

Hello Grahame,

My wife and I live in South Carolina and we are very interested in coming to DR in December for a vacation. We are also interested in taking a look at some real estate there. We're retiring in two more years and I've looked at some internet sites in DR and some of the homes there are absolutely beautiful, reasonably priced, on the beach, etc.

What are your thoughts about someone moving to DR when they retire?

Thanks,

Jimmy Sharpe

D

Diane

I help people finding work here, of course it is easy to find work in tourism, as a nurse, you can find but the salary is not very high. For any work, you have to be on site. So far everyone who came to my place found work. I have apts for rent in Puerto Plata. Please read my site: www.tropicalhouse.s5.com

Regard,
Diane

J

Jessie

Hi, here I am again.
I've got a lot of information about the Dominican already, thanks a lot Grahame and Diane.
But now there are a lot of people saying that i shouldn't go there and i'm never going to work in a hospital.
OK I understand, that I have to learn Spanisch first.
But tell me, what can I do for a living in Puerto Plata, that makes me, that I can live there on my one.
A lot of people are saying, that is hard to get a job in Puerto Plata?!
Well thank again!!
Take care,
Jessie

S

Shawniqua Glover

Visiting the DR

In the near future I plan to visit. If I could get a brief run down or maybe a pen pal for this vivrant 30 yr old female.
1. What are some good clubs? Do any of them teach you how to dance?
2. Where are some moderately priced accomodations - doesn't have to be the city?
3. Music shops? I love music.
4. Best time of yr to visit?
5. Best beaches?
6. When is Carnival and Independence?

Thank you. You can place a post but I would preper a reply to my email sweetie@jamaica-netlink.com