Accident in Cabarete in Front of Janet's

Status
Not open for further replies.

caribeman

Dec 26, 2011
Enjoy meeting new people/cultures
I was on the way into Cabarete about 4:30 ish and there was a bad incident with a man sprawled out, bleeding on the Gaspar Bound side of the road. After everyone spent time gawking two men picked the man up - completely unconcious and moved him (an awful scene). I hopped out of guagua and walked through the crowd standing on both sides and went on about my way.

It keeps going through my mind.
Does anyone know what happened and how the man is?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
What goes through my mind is: how can Dominicans spend hours looking at a dead body, or injured person, while they eat and drink as if they are at a sports event!
I guess I will have to add, "Empathy", and "Compassion", to my list of "THINGS" That Dominicans don't "HAVE"!!!
Right along side of, Personal/Communal responsibility, and just below, "Self Esteem"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

caribeman

Dec 26, 2011
Yes.. approximately 4:30. I came up on it almost immediately after it happened. Just curious out of concern. it appeared to be an older, caucasian man...pretty banged up.

It seemed that an Cabarete Ambulance came pretty quick... or ask quick as it could get through the jammed up mess of traffic..

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
THe ambulance passed me in Cabarete.... it got through easily - somehow !!

And returned going full speed.

There was still a crowd at Janet's as we passed... about4:45 or 5pm

Any word on the victim?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
What goes through my mind is: how can Dominicans spend hours looking at a dead body, or injured person, while they eat and drink as if they are at a sports event!
I guess I will have to add, "Empathy", and "Compassion", to my list of "THINGS" That Dominicans don't "HAVE"!!!
Right along side of, Personal/Communal responsibility, and just below, "Self Esteem"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

CC, to them it is a sports event.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
yes, couple of weeks ago and it was a moto accident by Janets. That road is a death trap to pedestrians, drivers and tourists who think they have some sort of right of way as pedestrians.

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
at least they didn't rob him, which is what they did to a freind of mine while he was lying there dying.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Yes.. approximately 4:30. I came up on it almost immediately after it happened. Just curious out of concern. it appeared to be an older, caucasian man...pretty banged up.

It seemed that an Cabarete Ambulance came pretty quick... or ask quick as it could get through the jammed up mess of traffic..

I was at CMC some months ago with an employee. A "gringo" was their that had fallen and hit his head hard, opened it up and was very much the mess.

I asked the Doctors IF he was a tourist and/or had anyone to help him. Yes he did.... his "girlfriend and the bar on Pedro Clisante." I didn't ask anymore questions.

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
According to the local news it was a 76 year old Canadian man on a three wheel motorbike that was struck and killed by a truck driving too fast:

A-Pasado la 4:00 PM del pasado s?bado un cami?n Mitsubishi , color Blanco, placa L234250, propiedad de la empresa Milano y conducido por ?ngelo John Almonte Hern?ndez, Impact? al ciudadano canadiense Claude Raoul, de 76 a?os de edad, en momento en que este cruzaba la calle frente al Supermercado yanet, perdiendo la vida al instante.

Raoul, se encontraba residiendo en la ciudad de Cabarete ten?a limitaciones f?sicas, andaba en un trimotor para minusv?lido y cruzaba la calle, seg?n versiones el conductor del cami?n avanzaba a alta velocidad cuan do impacto al anciano.
RIP....and stay off the roads over Christmas if possible

caribeman

Dec 26, 2011
According to the local news it was a 76 year old Canadian man on a three wheel motorbike that was struck and killed by a truck driving too fast:

A-Pasado la 4:00 PM del pasado s?bado un cami?n Mitsubishi , color Blanco, placa L234250, propiedad de la empresa Milano y conducido por ?ngelo John Almonte Hern?ndez, Impact? al ciudadano canadiense Claude Raoul, de 76 a?os de edad, en momento en que este cruzaba la calle frente al Supermercado yanet, perdiendo la vida al instante.

Raoul, se encontraba residiendo en la ciudad de Cabarete ten?a limitaciones f?sicas, andaba en un trimotor para minusv?lido y cruzaba la calle, seg?n versiones el conductor del cami?n avanzaba a alta velocidad cuan do impacto al anciano.
RIP....and stay off the roads over Christmas if possible

Not what I was hoping to hear...but based on what I saw...I was afraid that was the answer. God rest his soul. Everyone be careful. Condolensces to his family.

Last edited:

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Sad to hear. 76 is still too young in my book.

I have always hated that section of road. Is the bypass road totally off the board or with pressure can it be done. I know flooding will be a problem but with the help of some expat engineers they could solve the problem and build the road.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Sad to hear. 76 is still too young in my book.

I have always hated that section of road. Is the bypass road totally off the board or with pressure can it be done. I know flooding will be a problem but with the help of some expat engineers they could solve the problem and build the road.

I cannot imagine that there will ever be a Cabarete bypass road.

Status
Not open for further replies.