Where to fix my plazma TV? Please advise?

mbgmike

Jan 17, 2012
LG had problem with capacitors you can fix it yourself if handy. capacitors are cheap

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I have problems with my LG plasma.

It turns on and off spasmodically.

Can somebody advise where to repare in Sosua-Cabarete-Puerto Plata?
I've always had good service with Blas Santana in Santiago 809-582-6100. BUT, he has increased his fees MUCHO.
As for local, can't recommend any.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Turns "ON", and "Off" "Spamodically"??????
Sounds like you are referring to my wife!!!
I can take her somewhere to fix that???
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
in Puerto Plata there is a very good electronic technician who has a lucky hand with TV's.
if you pass in front of Bournigal going down that street towards Casa Nelson, just the next crossing
after you went down hills...left hand side. corner building. they are fast!

Andrey Prokhorov

Jun 7, 2012
www.airbnb.com
in Puerto Plata there is a very good electronic technician who has a lucky hand with TV's.
if you pass in front of Bournigal going down that street towards Casa Nelson, just the next crossing
after you went down hills...left hand side. corner building. they are fast!

Thank you. Do they have any sign on the building?

hughatthepub

Mar 13, 2007
By far the easiest thing to do is buy a new Power Supply Board, $50ish on eBay have it shipped here and usually an easy install, much easier than desoldering old caps and putting in new ones, having said that, once you have the new board installed you could usefully then try to fix the old one with new caps as it is quite cheap, then you have a spare for the next power surge. Beware, most of the larger capacitors are "Electrolitic" and MUST be installed the right way round, smaller ones might not matter, but look for the +++++ symbols printed down the sides and solder the new ones in the same way.

Having said all that, your problem does not sound like capacitors anyway, but almost certainly the PSU board will need replacing and should fix it. I personally would not use the Dominican fixers, they tend to just replace components with others from scrap boards that look kind of similar, this often works - for a while, then something further down the line blows because a voltage is out of spec, and guess what? y0ou now have to pay him to fix it again!!

Good Luck

mbgmike

Jan 17, 2012
By far the easiest thing to do is buy a new Power Supply Board, $50ish on eBay have it shipped here and usually an easy install, much easier than desoldering old caps and putting in new ones, having said that, once you have the new board installed you could usefully then try to fix the old one with new caps as it is quite cheap, then you have a spare for the next power surge. Beware, most of the larger capacitors are "Electrolitic" and MUST be installed the right way round, smaller ones might not matter, but look for the +++++ symbols printed down the sides and solder the new ones in the same way.

Having said all that, your problem does not sound like capacitors anyway, but almost certainly the PSU board will need replacing and should fix it. I personally would not use the Dominican fixers, they tend to just replace components with others from scrap boards that look kind of similar, this often works - for a while, then something further down the line blows because a voltage is out of spec, and guess what? y0ou now have to pay him to fix it again!!

Good Luck

thats why i would do the capacitors first they are cheap and generally are the problem. it is common problem even samsung admits it on some of their sets. How can you say its not capacitors??? but its christmas eve so i will shut up. it would beeasier do do but i always go the cheap way

Andrey Prokhorov

Jun 7, 2012
www.airbnb.com

Good Luck

OK Thank you.

Do you by any chance know the way to define the problem more accurately?

LG 50PA4500 TV has the serial port which is signed as "for the service use".

Maybe LG have any software to connect the laptop by the serial cable and to look what the exact problem is?

I wrote to LG Latin America on the LG web site a week ago.

They replied and requested all the details including my address, phone, the TV serial number etc. But they did never reply.

mbgmike

Jan 17, 2012
8305918249_9b5e152211_b.jpg

mbgmike

Jan 17, 2012
Here are capacitors check and see if ruptured on the ends if so replace. but like the other poster says replace the board is easier. they rund 50 60 dollars. this picture may not be exact board as several were used but this is one that is used
8305971387_002eac901f_b.jpg