places to stay in punta cana

Spirit

Dec 27, 2012
Hey now! Myself, partner, and friends are traveling to Punta Cana in January. We are staying at the Hard Rock Resort for most of the time but I'd like to arrive a day early and leave 2 days later...

I'm wondering if I should just stay at the Hard Rock or if there is a more affordable option that is still clean and reputable... (moving our luggage is not that big of a deal). I'm really looking for that special place that may not be advertised on Hotels.com (for instance) but is PC's best kept secret........

This is just one of many questions before we leave, no doubt... :)

Thanks ahead of time...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
My family loves the "Moon Palace", but I don't know about costs, they went as guests of "Kimberly Clark" paper products company.
Their aunt was an employee.
You could contact "HARD" and see if they can give you a discount on the extra days.
To talk is Free!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

agw

Feb 14, 2010
There are lots of apartments and condos for rent all over the Bavaro/Punta Cana area that will rent for just a few nights if you are interested in something other than an all-inclusive resort. You just need to search for them. Bavaro Dominican Republic Vacation Rentals by Owner - Bavaro Dominican Republic VRBO, Vacation Home Rentals, Condo Rentals, FRBO Vacation Rentals, Bavaro Dominican Republic Travel Information and Bavaro Dominican Republic Vacation Rentals, Bavaro Beach Rentals, Dominican Republic Condo Rental, HomeAway are just two exampes of the many sites available. Also check out the realtors in the area as well. They often have rental properties they manage as well.

Just keep in mind that the shorter the stay, the higher the rate for these types of places.

Last edited:

dumbusername

Jul 6, 2012
Majestic Colonial or Majestic Elegance are not too far from Hard Rock - nice and a bit cheaper. Or like others said find a condo rental for a day or two. Look in Cocotal. You can use the beautiful beach at the Paradisus resort (Gabi Beach)... and the Palma Real shopping center is right there. Good luck. :)

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
The problem with condo rental for a couple of days is that now many of the rentals require a cleaning charge, and many are also now charging for electricity usage. I'm not sure how they would break those down for rentals less than a week; but regardless, the extra fees are gonna' bump up those per night average charges pretty high.

There are a couple of new hotels in the area that are traditional "a la carte" hotels, just renting the room, not A.I. resorts. those might be an option. These are international "name brand" places, not little local places. I guess it depends on what you're looking for.

Last edited:

annaken skywalker

Jan 4, 2013
I too am looking for a Punta Cana hotel, not an A.I. Can you folks offer an names of places? i just need a place to sleep, I don't plan on spending much time there. I couldn't find any hostels in the area either... :(

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
From the East Coast Basic Information 'sticky' thread:
http://www.dr1.com/forums/east-coast/114334-east-coast-basic-information.html
Non AI hotels
Hotel Naragua - 20 minutes from airport in Cabeza de Toro
Welcome to the Frontpage
budget hotel, basic but clean, rooms around 40$US per night
809 468 3060

Hotel Flamboyan - 30 mins from airport
Bavaro Punta Cana Hotel - Flamboyan
809 552 0372

Hotel Cayacoa - near hotel flamboyan
809 552 0622 / 809 552 0624

The Bowman Hotel - 30 mins from airport
Plaza Brisas on Ave Espana
The Bowman Hotel - Home
809 552 0102
email: ebowman@bowmanhotel.com

El Castillo Real - 20 mins from airport, budget hotel (rooms from 700rd)
apartahotel castillo real

Las Piedras Guesthouse - 25 minutes from airport, near Fruisa bus station
doesn't have own website, this link gives description + map

Guesthouse Las Piedras, Punta Cana, Rep?blica Dominicana
email: guesthouselaspiedras@gmail.com / hotelpuntacana@gmail.com
809 889 2873

Cortecito Inn - 35 mins from airport
across the road from the beach in Cortecito
budget hotel
email: info@cortecitoinnhotel.com
809 552 0639

Hotel Natural Village - 30 minutes from airport in Bavaro (see map on their website)
very nice little hotel, clean, modern but simple, pool, Italian run restaurant on site.
Natural Village Club - Hotel Bavaro Punta Cana
double rooms around 80$US per night
Email: reserva@naturalvillagehotel.com
tel: 809 552 1164

Golf Suites Hotel - 30 mins from airport in Bavaro
http://www.thegolfsuites.com/
not 100% sure if they rent for one night only.
Phone: +1 809 552 8888
E-mail: info@thegolfsuites.com

more upmarket:
Golden Bear Lodge Cap Cana - 15 minutes from airport
Golden Bear Lodge & Spa
Phone: 1-809-469-7425
E-mail: sales@goldenbearlodge.com.do

Puntacana Resort & Club - 10 minutes from airport
Luxury Hotel Rooms and Suites in Punta Cana
around 124$US per night, incl. taxes
809 959 2262

The rest of the thread includes additional and updated information - there is also a B&B in Pueblo B?varo, a travellers' hostel in Los Corales/B?varo and two new 'business' type hotels - NH in B?varo and 4-Points by Sheraton Punta Cana Village right next to the airport.

annaken skywalker

Jan 4, 2013
From the East Coast Basic Information 'sticky' thread:
http://www.dr1.com/forums/east-coast/114334-east-coast-basic-information.html

The rest of the thread includes additional and updated information - there is also a B&B in Pueblo B?varo, a travellers' hostel in Los Corales/B?varo and two new 'business' type hotels - NH in B?varo and 4-Points by Sheraton Punta Cana Village right next to the airport.

Thank you so much for this info! I am new to this site and am just now discovering the basic info and FAQs. Sorry for the redundancy, I do appreciate all the help I've received from this community so far
:)