Hi from Cabarete and pet help

frankie90210

Banned
Dec 27, 2012
Hi everyone, my name is Belle and I'm new to the Forum. I started to vaction here about 12 years ago with my then husband and recently decided to relocate to Cabatere on a semi-permanent basis. I bought a really nice house in nice area which I honestly love. I have a really big problem though, I have a neighbour whos dog barks ALL day. My neighbours are Canadian and seems uninterested in the problem and told me that had to keep the dog outside because it had damaged alot of their funiture and belongins inside and they were unsure how to fix the problem. I said leave it to me as I have an idea!
I have been to every pet store around because I think a 'shock collar' will train the dog in a very short period of time. I know alot of people think the collar is cruel but it really is a great training aid, regardless of politics, does anyone know what stores stock a good 'shock collar' that will hopefully help solve this problem?
Love the website btw and look forward to becoming a more active poster soon!
Happy Holidays everyone!

Belle

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
You want to buy the Innotek anti-bark collar BC-50. Still the best in my experience.
Buy it from Amazon.
Read instruction well (for the owner AND for the dog). Its a training tool and not a solution as such.

Acira

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
good for you for trying to find a solution. some people would just poisom the dog.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Get 2 or 3 big dogs, and two Chihuahuas!
You need to "OUT BARK" your neighbor!!!!
"Barking Dogs", just like "Yelling Dominicans", and "Blasting Music",goes with the territory!
Get used to it!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

May 29, 2006
The big downside of bark collars is the dog gets shocked whenever any dog barks. This can make the dog attack other dogs.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
The big downside of bark collars is the dog gets shocked whenever any dog barks. This can make the dog attack other dogs.

That was the older generation of anti-bark collars. The Innotek anti-bark collar has new software so that if the dog who is wearing the collar barks one time, it puts that bark in its memory and does only respond to that specific bark. If you want to use the collar on another dog, you have to reset the collar completely otherwise the collar just doesn't work.

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
That was the older generation of anti-bark collars. The Innotek anti-bark collar has new software so that if the dog who is wearing the collar barks one time, it puts that bark in its memory and does only respond to that specific bark. If you want to use the collar on another dog, you have to reset the collar completely otherwise the collar just doesn't work.
So the way I would use it is getting the barking programmed in the memory and then put it around the owners neck!!!

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
So the way I would use it is getting the barking programmed in the memory and then put it around the owners neck!!!

I know there are a lot of people who think electronic collars are pet onfriendly. But if a dog is barking continuously and doesn't stop or barks at any noise he doesn't know, it can be a strain to the neighbors. In an country like this where quite a few people don't hesitate to poison a dog for minor issues than barking, I strongly advice, if a dog is keeping neighbors awake with its barking, to use an anti-bark collar to give an immediate solution. However, I cannot stress enough that the collar is only a temporary tool so its up to the owner to train his dog to only bark when he needs to i.e. when guarding.

Acira