Now We Know What's Going In The "Hole"

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

[h=5]In front of the new club 'City Lights Gentlemens Nightclub' in the street Pedro Clisante, finally work started again on the big hole of Sos?a. There will be a parking garage built and on top apartments. Previously, in the early 90s, this place was called bar 'Plaza Marinero' and this was the place to be in the nightlife of Sos?a. Here it happened back then. Already at 5 PM it was packed with visitors from all over the world. There was dancing, singing, a lot of girls and drinking. This partying went on every night until the next morning 5 AM. The waitresses (camarera's) were usually slim girls dancing in short colored skirts.[/h] [h=5]The hole of Sos?a[/h]
[h=5]Every half hour or so, they jumped on top of the bar for a dance demonstration. It was busy! But in 1996 the bar / nightclub burned down, and immediately afterwards many other bars and discotheques were closed by order of the national government. The bar was closed and then a year later rebuilt. There were some shops and a small bar. But things didn't work out and the whole place was sold again to another investor. This investor had big plans for it. He wanted to build an underground parking garage topped by a restaurant nightclub. Initially, it was an energetic start with the demolition of the building and then digging a very deep hole for the underground parking. But four years ago, suddenly the work stopped. What was going on? There were rumors that there was no more money. But anyway, since a few weeks workmen with heavy equipment started again building the underground parking garage. On top of the garage luxury apartments will be constructed. With the plan to close part of the main Pedro Clisante for traffic there will of course be a shortage of parking places. So maybe this entrepreneur, with the construction of a parking garage has had a vision?[/h]

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Luxury apartments?

I wish I was there to watch them work. I'm good at that.

aguas

Feb 7, 2010
From today's Sosua News:

[h=5]In front of the new club 'City Lights Gentlemens Nightclub' in the street Pedro Clisante, finally work started again on the big hole of Sos?a. There will be a parking garage built and on top apartments. Previously, in the early 90s, this place was called bar 'Plaza Marinero' and this was the place to be in the nightlife of Sos?a. Here it happened back then. Already at 5 PM it was packed with visitors from all over the world. There was dancing, singing, a lot of girls and drinking. This partying went on every night until the next morning 5 AM. The waitresses (camarera's) were usually slim girls dancing in short colored skirts.[/h] [h=5]The hole of Sos?a[/h]
[h=5]Every half hour or so, they jumped on top of the bar for a dance demonstration. It was busy! But in 1996 the bar / nightclub burned down, and immediately afterwards many other bars and discotheques were closed by order of the national government. The bar was closed and then a year later rebuilt. There were some shops and a small bar. But things didn't work out and the whole place was sold again to another investor. This investor had big plans for it. He wanted to build an underground parking garage topped by a restaurant nightclub. Initially, it was an energetic start with the demolition of the building and then digging a very deep hole for the underground parking. But four years ago, suddenly the work stopped. What was going on? There were rumors that there was no more money. But anyway, since a few weeks workmen with heavy equipment started again building the underground parking garage. On top of the garage luxury apartments will be constructed. With the plan to close part of the main Pedro Clisante for traffic there will of course be a shortage of parking places. So maybe this entrepreneur, with the construction of a parking garage has had a vision?[/h]

No need to worry my friend, the "Plaza Marinero" spirit still lives, only it changed its name to "La Passions"!

Luxury Apartments???

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
excuse me. this is NEWS? like, written by someone even remotely skilled in words? There was dancing, singing, a lot of girls and drinking. what kind of journalist can produce a sentence like this? five years old?

god help me...

setting that aside: good news, i think. always glad to hear that abandoned sites like that get started again!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
there, drstock:
the last thing sosua need is another ho, i mean, another hole. there are plenty of hoes, i mean holes, in sosua already. it is quite unlike cabarete, where hos, i mean holes, are bigger, better, more expensive and they come with the view of kite beach. in my time i have been inside many hos, damn! HOLES and i can tell you that projectile vomiting nice butted norwegian hos you can find in cabarete are far more super... holes, i wanted to say HOLES, ok?

snoozer

Jan 22, 2004
excuse me. this is NEWS? like, written by someone even remotely skilled in words? There was dancing, singing, a lot of girls and drinking. what kind of journalist can produce a sentence like this? five years old?

god help me...

setting that aside: good news, i think. always glad to hear that abandoned sites like that get started again!

A "journalist" whose first language is Dutch

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
first language is beside the point. this one obviously knows enough english to write for sosua "news". therefore i presume he can actually put together something decent, don't you?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
first language is beside the point. this one obviously knows enough english to write for sosua "news". therefore i presume he can actually put together something decent, don't you?

I hate to break the news to you DV8, the owner of Sosua News GOOGLE translate's his Dutch version to English.
Yes, it is quite annoying to read this jibberish posing as "news"

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
I would like to see the prints for this thing. Once you put in ramps, you got room for what, 6 or 8 cars maybe?
Ok, so maybe 6 parking spaces for the 6 "luxury" apartments on PC?

I think a better explanation is that the developer found an investor and work has commenced to assist in cashing as many of the new investors checks as possible. I predict this will stall again once the new cash runs out. This is going to be a hole for awhile.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
luxury apartments on PC ? is this the beginning of the New So-ho-sua ? :laugh:
i can see the families lining up for the new apartments. :ermm:

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Looking at it from th engineering standpoint - it looks to me like a retaining wall to stop the old Harrisons Building falling into the hole and the same with the road. They are only building on two sides at present !!
Nothing definitive though !

Olly and the Team (Sosua Division)

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I would like to see the prints for this thing. Once you put in ramps, you got room for what, 6 or 8 cars maybe?

I think a better explanation is that the developer found an investor and work has commenced to assist in cashing as many of the new investors checks as possible. I predict this will stall again once the new cash runs out. This is going to be a hole for awhile.

You may be right, and on-site parking would be essential to the sale of the apartments.

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
Well we're movin on up,
To the east side.
To a deluxe apartment in the sky.
Movin on up,
To the east side.
We finally got a piece of the pie.

Fish don't fry in the kitchen;
Beans don't burn on the grill.
Took a whole lotta tryin',
Just to get in that hole.

Intro the jeffersons - YouTube

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete

I have a copy of the original building plans when they were going to build it as a commercial plaza (38 units on four floors) with underground parking for 20 cars and they were even planning on having a valet parking service where they were actually going to double up in two parking areas to add another 12 spots...I could not could not imagine a parking my car down there and it coming back up without a dent or a scratch!!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
This is a prime residential location, a Hell's Angels bar to the left and a casa de cita in the front + valet parking! Where can one obtain a prospectus?

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
This is a prime residential location, a Hell's Angels bar to the left and a casa de cita in the front + valet parking! Where can one obtain a prospectus?

I didn't know the HA owned any bars in Sosua, I thought most of their interests were in Cabarete........Is that the new bar on the corner with the French name?