Car values

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Whats the best way to find out market selling price for a Ford Liberty and two Mercedes, isn't there some kind of web-site where you just plug in the model and year, and it gives you classified ads for comparable models?

mbgmike

Jan 17, 2012
you can use edmunds.com
NADA which most car dealers do NOT use
do not know of any just in DR. most you have to type in zip code so won't work for here

Jan 9, 2004
Whats the best way to find out market selling price for a Ford Liberty and two Mercedes, isn't there some kind of web-site where you just plug in the model and year, and it gives you classified ads for comparable models?

Use the DGII website mentioned above add in the taxes and that will give you a broad approximation of the vehicles value here. Then, of course, there is a dealer profit margin.

I find using NADA retail value and adding 50% gets you an approximate value of asking price here. NADA is easily accessed online at N.A.D.A. Home Page.

One last point, is it a Ford Liberty? or rather a Jeep liberty? you seek a price on.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
interesting... i checked my car, a honda capa, 2002. accordingly to the government page it is 144k pesos. cupercarros list 2001 model at 235k pesos.

Jan 9, 2004
interesting... i checked my car, a honda capa, 2002. accordingly to the government page it is 144k pesos. cupercarros list 2001 model at 235k pesos.

dv8:

That is the value they use to calculate taxes. Now add in those taxes which approximate 50% of the value....and that is the approximate cost to bring the car here...if you could bring a 2002 here....then add a dealer profit markup to get to retail.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I think the best guage of value in the current marketplace is to go SupperCarros and plug in your car.... you'll get asking prices for your model and then refine it by miles/year/model etc.

Were we ever told why the value is needed?

If just get a selling price, then SuperCarros....... my opinion

Jan 9, 2004
I think the best guage of value in the current marketplace is to go SupperCarros and plug in your car.... you'll get asking prices for your model and then refine it by miles/year/model etc.

Were we ever told why the value is needed?

If just get a selling price, then SuperCarros....... my opinion

Supercarros does not reflect a selling price, but rather a price dealers, or otherwise, are dreaming about getting.

Much of what I have seen there is highly inflated and does not reflect actual market sales prices.

I represent numerous car dealers in the DR and every one of them would love to get those prices you see there.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Supercarros does not reflect a selling price, but rather a price dealers, or otherwise, are dreaming about getting.

Much of what I have seen there is highly inflated and does not reflect actual market sales prices.

I represent numerous car dealers in the DR and every one of them would love to get those prices you see there.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

In DR cars final prices are never the initial price. It's the same in the US. I think it's the same anywhere.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
That is the value they use to calculate taxes. Now add in those taxes which approximate 50% of the value....and that is the approximate cost to bring the car here...if you could bring a 2002 here....then add a dealer profit markup to get to retail.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

In that case the DGII not as realistic as I thought. I wish my 2002 Montero was worth $13,000. That's more than I paid for it two year ago!

Jan 9, 2004
In DR cars final prices are never the initial price. It's the same in the US. I think it's the same anywhere.

Agreed.....but, much like some of the highly inflated real estate prices....it seems some people start their asking prices in another universe here. And when one does it, everyone else gets the same idea....and then you put it all together and you get.......a site like supercarros. I am not against it as a reference point to begin......but as I said, my clients here would love to be able to get some of those prices.

One last point, last I checked, very very few advertise the miles of the vehicle....for good reason as most are rolled back.

If you don't know your cars here, you had better know your dealer.....and even then, trust but verify.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Last edited:

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Respectfully, I have never found a site - anywhere - that shows the actual selling price history of cars.

You need to feel your way along with the only tools available

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Most imported cars come from the USA.
Use "Carfax" to get the car's history, including mileage.
After hurricane "Katrina", the DR was "Flooded", :cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:
with water damaged cars.
I'll bet that "Sandy" will bring MORE!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Many years ago, I was looking for a "Toyota" for my wife.
I saw an ad in the paper.
The guy had 3 in front of his house in SD.
The mileage was about 80,000 on all of them.
They LOOKED" great, UNTIL, I saw a sticker on one from "Jiffy Lube".
It stated that the car's mileage was over 300,000, and the oil should be changes in 3 months.
Was I surprised?????????
You Decide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2004
Respectfully, I have never found a site - anywhere - that shows the actual selling price history of cars.

You need to feel your way along with the only tools available

Admitedly, there is not one that I am aware of in the DR.

However, NADA is a monthly compilation of retail and wholesale prices garnered from multiple sources, i.e. auction prices for wholesale and financed sales for retail.

If you are able to gain access to the major auction houses websites you can get vehiicle reports, i.e. sales on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. That will give you the dealers cost for a vehicle....or rephrased, what a dealer is willing to pay for a particular vehicle in a given time period.

I have personally been using NADA for thirty five years...in addition to the additional resources mentioned above.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2